Make a difference every day - Become a Support Worker.
Nothing compares to the feeling that comes from knowing that you've brightened up someone's day - especially when that someone is a vulnerable adult. SCP Complex Care are recruiting for experienced support workers in Broadstairs Kent.
Our client is a 14 year old male with severe complex needs, learning difficulties & visual impairment. He is diagnosed with a form of muscular dystrophy (Congenital Myotonic Dystrophy). He is mobile however does have the use of a wheelchair. He is fed via Gastro - Jejunostomy. He often has vacant seizures.
You must have experience of the following: Gastrostomy and/or Jejunostomy, BIPAP, Dysphagia, Epilepsy, Mobilisation, Knowledge of Makaton or British Sign Language would be beneficial. Also the administration of medication & cough assist.
The shifts will be: Waking nights (22:00pm - 07:00am) during the week.
Would suit someone with a nursing background.
You will need to be a driver and have the use of a vehicle.
The fact that you're thinking about becoming a care assistant makes you part of a special group of people - the most compassionate and interesting people we know. There are many reasons why people become care assistants, but the main motivation is the chance to make a difference.
And that's just what you'll be doing when you work with us. You'll become part of our incredible team, helping us deliver emotional and practical care to vulnerable adults and transforming their lives on a daily basis.
In return, we'll support you every step of the way, providing training as well as the opportunity to progress your career. The hours are flexible, which means you're able to fit the role in around other commitments including childcare or studying. Bear in mind that you'll be working on a rota basis, which may include early starts, late finishes and some weekend working.
We'd love to hear from you if you're:
- Caring, compassionate and a good listener
- An energetic, happy person who enjoys forming relationships with all sorts of people
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and in stressful and challenging situations
- Happy to offer support with a range of tasks, including personal care, seizure management, stoma care, catheter care, hoisting, preparing meals, administering medicine, shopping, social activities and light household duties
- Able to access a vehicle for work purposes
And what are the benefits of working with SCP Complex Care?
- Competitive hourly rates from £14 - £18 plus mileage and 28 days' annual leave (pro rata)*
- Flexible hours to fit around your other commitments
- Specialist Clinical Training for each assignment, professional supervision, career development and support
- The opportunity to progress your career with a fully-funded diploma QCF in social care*
- 24-hour support from experienced Care and Nurse Consultants
- An excellent benefits package encompassing exclusive discounts to hundreds of UK retailers, including Tesco, Marks & Spencer and Pizza Express
- Employee referral bonus programmes of up to £200*
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme*
- Do something incredible. Transform lives. Become a care assistant at SCP Complex Care.
- All suitable candidates are required to undergo an enhanced level criminal record disclosure.
SCP Complex Care is an equal opportunities employer.
* Terms and conditions apply.