Job Title: Exam Invigilator
Salary: WA1-5 £17,457 (FTE), £10.42 per hour (including holiday pay allowance)
Hours: Adhoc casual hours, Monday to Friday between 8am and 3:30pm, term time only
Start Date: September 2021
Our client is a smaller than average secondary school in wonderful grounds, situated 3 minutes drive off the main A3 in Haslemere. They have fantastic students and staff and the school is a vibrant, supportive and rewarding place to work. They are a good school (Ofsted January 2018) and the staff and students are “proud to belong…proud to achieve”.
The school are looking for Examination Invigilators to support their students taking their examinations on a part-time sessional basis. This includes internal examinations and also external GCSE examinations. These are normally scheduled to take place in November, December, February and March with the main run being from April until June.
The right candidate will be able to understand and apply detailed written instructions, maintain high degrees of confidentiality and use their own initiative to respond to unexpected situations. Working with young people at a sometimes stressful time in their lives requires a degree of empathy and calm but also confidence and authority.
The school are looking for individuals who can commit to working full days, 8.30am until 3.30pm, several weeks at a time but then having gaps when exams are not in session. You will normally receive around a months' notice of when you are required to work, but may also be called in last minute if a colleague cannot make it.
Previous experience as an examination invigilator would be an advantage, but not essential since they will provide full training on JCQ regulations and the school's examination policy and procedures.
Examination Invigilator Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the setting up of the examination rooms
- Upholding the rules of regulations of the examination room as per the awarding body guidance and ensuring full compliance by all parties
- Dealing with queries raised by the students
- Distribution and collecting of examination papers
- Facilitating access arrangements for candidates, for example as a reader, scribe etc. (full training will be provided)
- Ensuring that the school's policy and procedures are followed closely throughout the examination process
- Ensuring all the students are calm, prepared and ready to provide their best work
Examination Invigilator Essential Skills:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to liaise with staff and students daily
- Able to empathise and deal with stressed teenagers who may behave out of character, in a calm and confident manner
- Extremely patient and able to stay focused and vigilant through an examination period
- Organised and thorough with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable school, then please proceed through the following link to be redirected to their website where you will be able to download an application pack.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equality and diversity in all aspects of employment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
For an informal chat about