Job Title: Stock Controller
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
Salary: £23,000 + Shift Allowance
Hours: 6-2 / 2-10 / 10-6 Weekly Rotation
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes...
- Previous experience working as a Stock Controller or similar.
- Experience working in an automotive environment would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a time sensitive / JIT facility.
- Trusted, effective, transparent leadership is a pre-requisite of this position.
- Able to train and develop a large team of operatives.
- Ability to put necessary efforts to achieve goals regardless of the amount of unforeseen events or circumstances.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with relevant stakeholders, applying appropriate interpersonal skills.
You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all stock on site and reporting on any stock discrepancies. Your main responsibilities will include…
- Is responsible for stock intake to be 100% accurate and reports discrepancies to the customer.
- Reports discrepancies and the potential consequences of these discrepancies to the customer and Shift Supervisor & escalates where appropriate in line with the escalation process.
- Ensures that the pick priorities are in line with requirements and Monitors transmissions for anomalies.
- Identifies goods requiring special handling (urgency, valuable package, etc..)
- Ensures that replenishment takes place in a timely manner so as not to cause a shortage in the pick.
- Decides whether to issue a reservation or refusal in the case of a perceived abnormality regarding goods
- Ensures that all picking and stock anomalies are investigates, resolved & reported.
- Detects problems by checking documents or lists (damaged, incomplete, surplus or lost stock)
- Detects and corrects goods allocated to the incorrect warehouse location bay
- Understand and identifies the nature of goods damage
- Finds out the causes and assess the impact of discrepancies noted during checking processes
- Apply 5S principles to all work and rest areas
- Identifies events or problems that must be reported to management
- Conveys the contents of a piece of information in a clear and concise manner
Our client is a global logistics business which is one of the top 10 largest companies within its sector. Due to a new contract win we are recruiting for a new start-up operation. This role offers the chance to initially be involved in an exciting project but also the chance for career progression and development.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for role