Market Director of Pharmacy Services
The Market Director of Pharmacy Services is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of the Baptist Health Systems Pharmacy Departments in conjunction with the Tenet Health Systems pharmacy programs; ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups of patients ranging from newborns to the elderly; controls inventory maintenance of pharmaceuticals and related supplies; responsible for the pharmacy departments planning, revenue analysis, budgeting, education, and human resources activities.
Completes established competencies for the position within a designated introductory period.
Acts as the Director of Pharmacy /Pharmacist in Charge for Baptist Medical Center. Other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties:
- Works with the Tenet Pharmacy Officer on planning, organizing and directing the Baptist Health System Pharmacy Department operations and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Works with the facility Directors of Pharmacy the BHS Medical Staff to implement and achieve the market clinical initiatives.
- Leads Clinical Pharmacy Operations Team to achieve market clinical pharmacy initiatives
- Works with the nursing and medical staffs and other clinical department directors/ managers in addressing Pharmacy Department issues as they are related to the services provided to all patient ranging from the newborn to the elderly.
- Ensures inventory maintenance of depot pharmaceuticals and packaging and delivery of unit-dose bar-coded drugs and IV admixture.
- Directs and participates in the development/revision, implementation, and communication of policies, guidelines, and standards for the Pharmacy Department in accordance with the Tenet and BHS hospitals policies, Joint Commission standards, and state and federal regulations
- Participates in the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Pharmacy Department meetings, Performance Improvement or Quality meetings, Antimicrobial Stewardship, and Continuing Care Network.
- Ensures pharmacy participation in Service Line initiatives as requested (e.g Cardiovascular, Stroke)
- Maintains formularies, information resources and references for preparations.
- Utilizes resources efficiently and effectively
- Maintains a safe environment
- Addresses Patient Population specific needs
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science or Pharmacy Degree required
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred
- 7 years of progressive clinical and operational pharmacy experience required
- Previous Pharmacy Director experience required
- Possession of current State of Texas Pharmacists license required
Specialized Healthcare Staffing is a provider-centric staffing model. I do what is best for the provider and my clients to find a good fit and to build professional relationships that last.
We thrive off of referrals and we do the best to find the best provider for patient care for both the client and the candidate.
With over 25 years experience, we have the knowledge to source and find the best position for every provider and be proactive in coaching our candidates to be prepared.
Role: Pharmacy Services Market Director Sign-on Bonus $20k
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.