An "Outstanding" rated Ofsted school in Farnborough are looking for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to support their pupils' SEN requirements.
About the candidate:
- Have previous experience working in a SEN environment
- Be flexible and adaptable to the needs and requirements of the school and its pupils
- Have a real passion for helping people with Special Needs
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with pupils at all levels
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with children of special educational needs and more specifically, we are specifically looking for support staff with a specialism such as ASD, Speech and Language, SLD and other Learning Disabilities. Due to the nature of the students a patient, caring and compassionate approach is needed. We are looking for recent graduates who are looking to build their experience working with SEND pupils and more experienced Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants.
About the school:
Pupils are aged between 2-18 years and range from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4. They have Complex Learning Difficulties to include:
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Severe Learning Difficulties
- Lower end Moderate Learning Difficulties
- Speech and Language
- There is also an element of personal care and hygiene assistance required
This is a lovely environment to work in, and the school would like the TA to come in and hit the ground running. Getting involved with the pupils and staff from the get-go, and have a genuine interest in Special Needs is a must. Cover is required 08:30 - 15:30 each day. If this role is of interest, please do send us your CV for consideration.