Head of Building Safety Management - London - £77,995
The Guinness Partnership was founded in 1890 by the philanthropist Sir Edward Cecil Guinness, driven by the mission to tackle the poor state of housing conditions of those in need. We have stuck close to this original mission and have developed an innovative approach to help change the lives of its residents and those who benefit from the provision of over 65,000 properties nationwide.
We launched our new 2023 Strategy in May 2018, followed by our People and our Diversity & Inclusion Strategies, in October 2019. These provide a clear demonstration of our commitment to our customers and our people. Our Strategy is also clear about our commitment to playing our part in addressing the national housing crisis, and as a strategic partner to both Homes England and the Greater London Authority, we plan to build 10,000 new homes in the next five years.
This newly created, high profile role is hugely important for Guinness. The safety of our customers and therefore our buildings is our number one priority. This role will work across our diverse geography to ensure we take a coherent and co-ordinated approach to building safety at a time when the expectations are rightly increasing and uncertain.
This leadership position which will work under the guidance and vision of our Director of Building Safety, who joined earlier this year, will be responsible for developing a function with high profile aross our organisation. Leading a growing team of Building Safety Managers and supporting with the implementation of new processes and policies to address the requirements of the upcoming Building Safety Bill and Fire Safety Bill, we are looking for an ambitious and hardworking individual with a passion for customer service.
While the role will be supported by a talented and ambitious team you will be joining a newly created directorate where you will be required to develop strong relationships and collaborations with established Asset Management, Development and Customer Services teams internally, along with a wide variety of external stakeholders and organisations.
The successful Head of Building Safety Management will possess:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of building safety and in particular fire safety within large property portfolios
- Sound understanding of the requirements of digital building information, the future demand for safety case files and the assurance required around these following the gateway process's
- A track record of developing, motivating and providing leadership to high preforming teams of technician professionals to deliver complex and dynamic projects
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage both long and short term workstreams and priorities.
- Recognised industry memberships ideally to the IFE at GIFireE or above, similar memberships such as RICS, IFSM or CIOB or equivalent working experience
With direct links to major stakeholders, residents and the ability to make an impact from day one, this unique position will allow the individual to keep thousands of customers safe for years to come and lead a step change in the industry's approach to how we manage our buildings.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact our retained Advisors Principal People for an informal and confidential discussion.
Reece Rowden, 01252 954 954, #removed#
Josh Huggins 01252 954 951, #removed#
Closing date: Sunday 18th October