Vitality, Head of Product - Member Experience, London/Bournemouth/Stockport, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
We’re the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we’re out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you’ll enjoy: Free places to Vitality-sponsored run events, online fitness classes and wellbeing workshops, competitions to win tickets to top-flight sporting events, health checks, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
About the role:
As Vitality continues to grow rapidly as an organisation and disrupt the market for the better, the role of Product within the organisation is becoming more critical with each day! We are looking for an exceptional and experienced Product evangelist to head up a large member experience team made up of Product Owners, Product Managers and Product Designers.
The digital real estate for our members is vast across web and native apps. The buck will stop with you on all the member’s digital touch points and you will help craft, set and deliver the long-term vision and strategy across all our member experiences post purchase. As our Head of Product, you will develop, manage and direct your product squads to define the medium to long term digital product strategy (3-12 months), own the development roadmap, and be responsible for executing that roadmap through a prioritised backlog in collaboration with engineering teams across Vitality.
Your responsibilities as our Head of Product will include:
- Defining product vision and strategy
- Building and leading a product team
- Defining, measuring and reporting on product performance
- Undertaking roadmap planning and execution
- Communicating product vision, strategy and plans
- Ensuring continuous discovery and delivery
- Coaching, developing and mentoring
- Being an advocate for product management practices and help grow a culture of user centred, product led digital experience development
- Being innovative by being constantly curious, inquisitive and proactive
What we’re looking for in our Head of Product:
- Proven experience in building consumer quality digital products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Demonstrable experience in leading, influencing and inspiring teams and the people around you
- Proven experience of working collaboratively at all levels with engineering, product designers, user researchers and other business teams to co-create solutions that solve customer problems
- Outcome focused with the ability to evaluate the right information to form conclusions, and make decisions that lead others to a set of common goals and KPIs
- A proactive and relentless approach to self-improvement and appetite to stay in tune with digital business and market trends
- A strong advocacy of the user and be a proven champion of the customer experience
- An analytical critical thinker
- Strong knowledge of digital industry and mobile/web product development and a constant hunger to learn and stay ahead of trends
- A natural ability to quantify business benefits, measure trade offs and define relative business value and service cost of product features to form commercial decisions
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
It’s what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As our Head of Product, you’ll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme – Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV, and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
Closing date: Wednesday 5th October 2022
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Head of Product,thenplease click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!