Hill & Dale Family Learning Center is a non profit, NAEYC Accredited Early Childhood Education Center in Santa Monica, CA looking for highly qualified PT and FT Educators. You must posses a strong knowledge base in Developmentally Appropriate Practices, Play Based Curriculum as well as some knowledge of curriculum models like Reggio, Montessori and Emergent Curriculum. We utilize many different styles at H&D!
- We are currently hiring PT substitute educators and support educators with some experience and basic educational requirements who are looking to gain an entry level position with room for growth! (Quite a few of our FT Educators started out as support or subs!)
- We are also currently looking for a highly qualified FT Lead Educator. This position requires at least 2 years of experience working in a classroom with ages 0-5 and all of the stated educational requirements detailed below. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please do not apply for any position if you do not have any ECE experience/education
All applicants must perform and posses the following:
Educational Programming Development and Implementation
- Create a learning community devoted to nurturing the development of children, families and educators with an emphasis on empathy, trust, cooperation, responsibility and self-esteem.
- Ensure high quality Developmentally Appropriate Practice and care always.
- Maintain current documentation of learning process and assessments of individual children’s growth.
- Provide daily rich, engaging curriculum experiences to all children.
- Collaborate with peer lead educators and educators to maintain an inclusive and organized classroom.
- Evaluate curriculum implementation and develop strategies for continuous improvement.
- Develop meaningful relationships and trust with children and families that is supportive of each family’s values and ensures alignment with Hill & dale’s philosophy.
- Select appropriate learning materials for classroom.
Partnership with Families
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with families based on partnership, mutual respect, transparency and open communication. Engender families’ trust and enable clear lines of responsibility and accountability.
- Orient new families in policies, procedures, philosophy and routines of the center ensuring smooth onboarding.
- Partner with families by developing individualized plans for children and providing rich parent education opportunities.
- Support planning and implementation of community and enrichment events.
Health & Safety
- Ensure Center compliance with all local, regional, state and Federal regulations, training requirements and licensing requirements. Assist with accreditation as needed.
- Perform daily child health and equipment inspections that adhere to current policies and procedures.
For Lead Educators ONLY-Staff Management and Professional Development
- Ensure staff are properly onboarded, oriented and understand the policies and logistics of the Center.
- Ensure educators are managed effectively and held accountable for high-performance. Provide timely and direct feedback and helpful solutions about performance. With the support of the Site Director, conduct annual staff performance reviews.
- Serve as a liaison between educators and administrators and advocate for educators where appropriate.
- Observe educators in the classroom to determine sources of frustration and identify possible solutions.
- Ensure that daily educator shifts are appropriately covered.
- Assume responsibilities of Site Director when that individual is not available.
Additional Duties as Assigned
- At least two years of experience in the field of early childhood education (Required For Lead Educator Applicants)
- Experience developing and implementing early childhood education curriculum, deep understanding of current and emerging trends.
- At least 12 units inECE/CD including core courses for entry level educators
- At least 24 units in ECE/CD plus, plus 16GE units, 6 specialization units and at least 3 adult supervision units, BA in ECE preferred for Lead Educators
- Passionate about the development and well-being of children.
- Dedicated to improvement of the teaching profession.
- Embraces the Hill & Dale mission and core values. Skilled educator who treats children with respect at all times.
- Possess a well-rounded understanding of the whole child and Developmentally Appropriate Practice and able to respond to the individual child and family needs and interests.
- Possesses good observational and analytical skills and able to offer fresh, creative solutions in difficult situations.
- Communicates in a manner that is transparent, straight-forward and concise.
- Executes Center priorities and calmly manages emergencies as they arise.
- Able to view situations through multiple lenses to make well-informed decisions. Analyzes and diagnoses situations using sound judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to work with different perspectives, backgrounds, and personality types.
- Able to earn the trust and respect of all stakeholders, resolve conflicts and set the tone for a positive culture.
Role: Early Childhood Educator
Location: Santa Monica,
Apply for this job now.