Graduate Teaching Assistants - Core Subjects
Are you a bright and confident core subjects graduate considering a career in teaching? Are you looking for some valuable secondary school classroom experience prior to teacher training?
Our partner school in Stockport has informed us they're looking to hire Graduate Teaching Assistants to help support regular classroom teachers in the planning and delivery of lessons, supporting students and promoting a positive working environment by encouraging good behaviour. This is a full-time position for the academic year 2012/22.
Requirements to be eligible for this position:
- Educated to degree level or higher in core subjects
- Passion for and commitment to a career in education
- Ability to build rapport with students and use initiative
- Experience working with secondary school students (ideally) including: Tutoring, mentoring, sports coaching, youth/ community settings, care settings
- Willingness to work with vulnerable students and those who display challenging behaviour
Successful candidates will work alongside classroom teachers to ensure the smooth delivery of lessons by assisting with behaviour management and pupil queries. You will be responsible for being a positive and professional role model for all students, providing pastoral support and raising self-esteem in and out of the classroom. Graduate TA's may also partake in small group academic intervention and provide pastoral support alongside other school senior leaders and SEN coordinators.
We are currently looking for graduates from subjecta such as English, Maths, Science and Humanities. Canddiates with degrees in subjects such as Langauges, Physical Education or Sport may also be considered for the role if transferrable skills can be demonstrated.
Roles, responsibilities and highlights of this opportunity:
- Supporting classroom teachers in planning and delivering lessons
- Supporting vulnerable children through their work and providing out of class pastoral support
- Excellent opportunity for graduates to gain experience
- Full time position for the academic year 2021/22
- Weekly pay of up to £350
The schools location in Wilmslow makes this opportunity ideal for candidates local to Stockport town, Cheadle Hulme, Heaton Chape, Romiley, Bredbury, Hazel Grove and the surrounding areas of north Derbyshire and Cheshire East.
For more information please contact the Manchester East Secondary Branch at Teaching Personnel. For immediate consideration, please submit an up to date copy of your CV via the link provided.