COMPANY: SPS AEROSTRUCTURES
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: From £18,000 to £20,000 per annum
- To assist the Payroll Officer to ensure the efficient and effective payment of all weekly paid employees by the agreed due dates, in line with current legislation and Company rules.
- To review the Time and Attendance data on a daily basis, checking hours worked etc. and produce the DPS as early as possible each morning.
- To report the temporary labour hours worked to the relevant agencies by the weekly deadline.
- To produce the weekly headcount report.
- Assist with maintaining the weekly timesheet – overtime, absence, holidays, shift supplements etc.
- To provide assistance to the Payroll Officer, as required, to ensure all deadlines are achieved.
Qualifications, skills, attributes, experience required :
- To monitor and accurately process purchase invoices
- To process invoice queries in a timely manner, using and maintaining the invoice log
- Work with other departments and liaise with suppliers to minimise supplier problems as a result of invoice queries
- Assist with supplier statement reconciliations
- Maintain adequate filing systems
- Assist General Ledger Clerk as required
- Carry out ad hoc requests from the Unit Controller and Financial Director
- To work in a safe manner in order to satisfy Health and Safety legislation and to avoid accident or injury to people, machinery or property and to wear safety equipment as specified by the Company rules.
- To carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required within the jobholder’s capability consistent with the Terms/ Conditions of employment.
- Experience in computerised payroll work in an operational capacity.
- Purchase ledger experience (ideally using the three way match process)
- Good keyboard skills, competent with spread sheets and word processing.
- Ability to work as part of a team, enthusiastic and co-operative attitude, good communication and interpersonal skills.
SPS Aerostructures Limited manufactures precision machined components, sheet metal fabrications, and avionics assemblies for commercial airliners, military jets, helicopters, and satellites. It also manufactures components for rolling stock interior systems. It offers fabricated assemblies, sheetmetal components, instrument and distribution panels, armament controls, wire harness assemblies, turbine lockplates, and other engineered products.
The company also provides repair and overhaul services for a range of aircraft structural components, including flying controls, freight or passenger doors, and galleys. It serves rolling stock and aerospace manufacturers in the United Kingdom and internationally.
SPS Aerostructures Limited was formerly known as Chevron Aerospace Limited and changed its name to SPS Aerostructures Limited in October 1998. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Annesley, Mansfield and Rugby in the United Kingdom. It has locations in Mansfield, Kunshan and Shanghai, China; and Gangshan, Taiwan. SPS Aerostructures Limited operates as a subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp – PCC Aerostructures.
Role: Payroll Assistant / Purchase Ledger Clerk
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Nottingham, East Midlands
Apply for this job now.