Overwatch - Network Engineer
Cavalry Solutions is a Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) dedicated to defending the nation’s critical infrastructure. Focused on Industrial Control Systems and Operational Technology (ICS/OT), Cavalry stands ready to respond day or night to our customer’s needs and threats to the networks we protect. Cavalry operates a Network Operations and Security Operation Center referred to as the Overwatch Control Center. The Overwatch Network Engineer is a critical role overseeing the delivery of managed security and infrastructure services to Cavalry’s business customers. Position is based in Cavalry’s Denver Tech Center location.
- Primarily responsible for the overall technical operation and maintenance of routers, switches, firewalls, and IDS/IPS.
- Responsible for network management and network operations required to establish and maintain an electronic security perimeter. Maintain a security focus while managing Access Control Lists (ACLs) and whitelisting of resources.
- Ongoing technical engineering and upgrade support for customer Electronic Security Perimeter for Remote Sites, associated LAN/WANs, external interfaces and Network Management Systems.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support within the Overwatch Control Center (OCC), resolving all issues identified by monitoring alerts while providing situational awareness to company leadership and customers.
- Follow standard OCC procedures; accurately log and update all events using incident/call tracking software.
- Responsible for “On Call” Shift Rotation providing escalation support to the OCC out of hours.
- Act as a technical escalation point for Overwatch Control Center (OCC) staff or Field Engineers requiring technical assistance and achieve first call resolution with minimal escapes to senior technical staff.
- Follow best practices for problem resolution, think critically during stressful situations, and take ownership of issues from cradle to grave.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 5 - 7 years of experience as a Network Engineer supporting a Security Operations Center or Network Operations Center.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Cyber Ops
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, GCIA, Security+, CEH
- Familiarity with all layers of networking and network security technologies.
- Expert on Cisco Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies
- Experience with Software Defined Wide Area Networking (SDWAN) technologies (Viptela, Velocloud)
- Experience in NERC-CIP environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to overcome ambiguity and drive for improvements.
- Displays focus and calmness under pressure, works to implement the most effective solution.
- Critical thinker that can apply logic to problem solving in complex situations.
- Team player that values winning for the organization over self-achievement.
- Associates or BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar preferred.
- Ability to pass background check and standard hiring drug screens.
- Responsible for providing technical support for all incidents and requests assigned to the Networking Tier 2 ticketing queue.
- Responsible for logging and resolving any network incidents ensuring that Service Level Agreements are met.
- Escalating any Network incidents that cannot be resolved within specified time frames to management.
- Provide in-depth analysis and investigation of problems.
- Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision of when to declare a security incident.
- Identify and develop work instructions, procedures and policies to empower Tier 1 support organization.
- Take technical ownership of major incidents by - identifying, communicating, documenting and utilizing appropriate resources to resolve the issue.
- Responsible for documenting and distribution of all Major Incident Review Reports in the agreed format. Document and record steps taken towards resolution of an incident and add this to the knowledge base for future reference.
- Monitor all outages/issues through the return to normal services.
- Build strong and effective working relationships with Engineering and Management organizations.
- Undertake special projects as required.
Cavalry Solutions is a Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) dedicated to defending the nation’s critical infrastructure. Focused on Industrial Control Systems and Operational Technology (ICS/OT), Cavalry stands ready to respond day or night to our customer’s needs and threats to the networks we protect. The Security Engineer plays a critical role as a technical contributor to complex technology projects. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work with and influence a diverse group of technical and managerial stakeholders. Position is based in Cavalry’s Denver Tech Center location.
Role: Overwatch - Network Engineer
Apply for this job now.