ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry's best technology and the world's best people. As a result of our team's tireless effort and dedication, we're growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
It's essential for us to continue fostering a culture of respect, growth, collaboration, and innovation. We have created a team of people who thrive in a diverse environment, and welcome people who are passionate about solving large technology problems.
Our engineering teams operate on a few common principles, working on interesting and challenging problems, enabling autonomy to develop and deploy the best solutions, and being surrounded by great engineers and a warm culture. These tenets allow our engineering teams to have large business impact and product ownership, which is critical to ACV Auctions continual growth.
What are we looking for:
ACV Auctions core product provides end to end solutions for the wholesale auction experience including payment processing, titling, transportation, and arbitration. Each of these products are critical to the auction experience, but also present a large opportunity for optimization. Some of the problems we are working to solve with technology include, "How can we open, scan, validate, and ship thousands of vehicle titles per day with with OCR and RPA?", and, "How can we continuously optimize the accuracy of our 30+ million point to point transportation quotes per month?".
As Engineering Manager of this team you will be leading, managing, recruiting, mentoring, and empowering your team to deliver world class solutions to software problems like the above. You bring deep technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and an action-based philosophy to solving hard software engineering problems.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage an experienced software engineering team by mentoring and nurturing team members in 1:1s, and effectively evaluate and manage individual performance.
- Develop engineering solutions with a domain team and product management to successfully complete team, organization, and company wide OKRs.
- Lead and contribute to the development of software engineering standards, best-practices, metrics, and tooling.
- Engage externally with partners, conferences, universities, and open source groups to recruit and expand the ACV tech brand.
- Evaluate, hire, and on-board candidates based on organizational need, technical skill set, and cultural fit.
What you will need:
- At least 7 years' experience in software development, and at least 3 years in an engineering leadership or management position.
- Experience architecting, developing, and delivering software products.
- Deep experience with product lifecycle management and improving software products through metrics and experimentation.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment where requirements and goals may change rapidly.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat innovative culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.