Round One Entertainment is looking to hire a full-time, non-exempt Bowling Department Manager for our NEW location in Louisville, KY at Jefferson Mall.
The Bowling Manager is responsible for the sales, profits, staffing, image and operation of the bowling/karaoke department. S/he will be responsible for the administration of business goals in revenues, expense, profitability, and customer satisfaction and employee morale for these departments.
· Responsible for the sales and profit projections of bowling/karaoke department.
· Meets or exceeds sales goals through the efficient execution of Company policies and procedures.
· Be consistently on the floor to provide personal sales support and trouble shoot store.
· Directly supervises department supervisors to ensure they are in compliance with established store policies, procedures and sales goals.
· Provides operational and customer service training for BO/KA employees at all levels.
· Holds weekly staff meetings with department supervisors to discuss and resolve any issues relating to operations, staffing, customer service, etc.
· Writes and/or updates operations manual for departments to include day-to-day procedures.
· Prepares and presents performance evaluations and counseling notices to direct reports.
· Knows and understands department's employees' job responsibilities.
· Proactively supports any promotional activities within the store and contribute to an effective working environment.
· Assists Marketing Department with ideas to help increase store traffic upon request.
· Conducts alcohol and age restriction control in accordance with company policies.
· Maintains confidential discussions of employees' increases, promotions or transfers.
· Reports all irregular issues and problems to store management for solution.
· Assist in ensure that facility is always clean and organized.
· Performs all shift duties as required by General Manager.
· Additional Duties and Responsibilities to be performed when directed by General Manager.
· Selects, coaches, and develops effective staff for Bowling, Karaoke and Events Departments.
· Develops a diverse, high performance team by coaching, counseling and mentoring.
· Reviews department timesheets for accuracy of hours and overtime.
· Assists with new hire orientation for store employees.
· Monitors departments' staffing on a daily basis to ensure each department is adequately staffed.
· Prepares performance evaluations and counseling notices, as required, for direct reports.
· Audits refund and/or credits against itemized sales from previous day.
· Audits cash drawers and transactions.
· Audits and track special events.
· Creates Daily Audit Report with sales information and auditing discoveries for store management.
· Researches problems discovered during audits.
Safety, Loss Prevention and Procedural Compliance:
· Follows Company guidelines for managing confidential information, customer satisfaction and supervising store personnel.
· Ensures satisfactory maintenance, appearance and condition of assigned facilities to comply with security, safety and environmental codes and ordinances.
· Enforces compliance with all local, state, federal regulations and company policy pertaining to safety and loss prevention.
· Complies with all OSHA requirements.
· Contributes to improvement or more efficient and less expensive ways and means in store processes.
· Assists in the research and development of resources that create timely and efficient store workflow.
· Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Executive Management.
· Assists in the maintenance and/or update of store IIPP and OSHA records.
· Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
· Maintains good communication with general management, customer service associates and outside contacts.
· Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Some college preferred but not required; a minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in a bowling, entertainment or hospitality industries.
- Customer service experience in a similar or comparable work environment, strong verbal communication skills supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success.
- Strong operational skills with focus on great time management.
- Previous experience in retail/restaurant or customer service environment required, previous experience in management preferably of a bowling or game center highly desirable.
- Ability to lead by example
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a bowling center/arcade environment where high levels of noise, dust and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, stretch, twist, climb and have a high level of mobility/flexibility in small spaces. The employee is required to stand and walk for extensive periods of time without breaks during busy times. In addition, the employee will need to be able to use their hands/fingers to handle and feel and reach with hands and arms. Lifting and/or moving up to 100lbs with assistance is required.
Benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO), Health, Medical, Dental, 401(K) with company matching
If interested, please submit your resume or apply online at #removed#
Check out our Facebook (Search: Round1HQ), Instagram (Round1USA), and Twitter (@Round1USA) for more information!
Round1 is a multi-entertainment activity complex holding stores in California (7), Washington (1), Colorado (1), Texas (2), Michigan (1), New York (2), Maine (1), Pennsylvania (2), Georgia (1), Massachusetts (1), Illinois (3), North Carolina (1), Utah (1), New Mexico (1), and Ohio (1) (as of September, 2018).
Round1 originated in Japan, back in 1980 and with the support from fans and customers has successfully grown into 106 stores accounting for $772 million in sales (as of May, 2018). First overseas expansion was targeted to the United States in August 2010, opening the 1st store in City of Industry, California. Since then, we have opened 26 stores within 8 years and the company has continued to grow! In 2019, at least 10 stores are scheduled and planned to open 50 stores by 2020. As you can see, we are expanding and growing catering to wide range of customers from family, groups of kids, and adults providing an extraordinary fun and unforgettable experiences. We are currently recruiting staff and managers to join the company to improve our services.
We are currently recruiting staffs and managers to join the company to improve our facilities with new ideas and new faces. There will be specific roles given to individuals to help with the new opening locations or operating in existing stores. Depending on the skills and abilities, employees get promotion as a General Manager to a District Manager. If you prefer to work at the core of Round One, there is a HQ position to work with the Marketing Team, Accounting Team, etc.
Our motto is to have individuals develop with the company growth and expansion. Apply now to be part of our team! We are waiting for your application!
Role: Bowling & Party Department Manager
Apply for this job now.