Outstanding opportunity for an individual to become part of the team focused on manufacturing products for the Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer, Energy, Defense and Industrial marketplaces. This position is responsible for operating CNC type slicing machines which process raw rare-earth type material. Expect to set up machine and tooling, perform preventive maintenance as well as monitor part quality and correct yield all while following written instruction sheets and performing documentation tasks.
PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILTIES OF THE POSITION
· Setup, operate, debug and adjust slicing machines.
· Identify signs of tool wear and make appropriate tool change(s).
· Read process sheets, technical documents and mechanical drawings with understanding of GD&T.
· Work on multiple machines and perform multiple tasks throughout the day.
· Use general measuring instruments such as; indicators, micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, gage blocks, rules, protractor, CMMs, laser micrometers, smart scopes and height gages.
· Enter inspection data into SPC software.
· Perform basic machine maintenance such as changing fluids and filters.
· Maintain an immaculate work environment and machine work area.
· Follow company written policy and documented procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Must possess as a minimum a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Work Experience:
- Entry level machining position, previous experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience in lean manufacturing environment is desired.
- An understanding of Metric and English measuring systems.
- Experience operating within AS9100 (preferred) or ISO systems
- Interpersonal skills:
- Great communication skills.
- Able to work in a small team setting.
- Strong work ethic.
- May be exposed to industrial oils, toner, coolants, solvents, lubricants, adhesive and other chemicals. NOTE: All safety precautions will be used.
- Plant wide climate control and air conditioning
- Could work in areas with excessive noise. NOTE: Ear protection available.
- Could require intermittent and long periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Required to do repetitive work.
- Periodic lifting of materials not to exceed 50 pounds.
Arnold serves a variety of markets from consumer, industrial, and medical to defense, aerospace, and telecommunications. Arnold’s magnets, metals and systems are used in high-efficiency motors and generators, sensors, batteries, and more.
Over the course of 100+ years, Arnold has successfully evolved and adapted our products, technologies, and manufacturing presence to meet the demands of current and emerging markets. We have expanded globally and built strong relationships with our customers worldwide. As a result, we have led the way in our chosen industries with new materials and solutions that empower our customers to develop next generation technologies.
Role: Slicer Operator / Machinist – A & B Shift
Apply for this job now.