Job Title: Paralegal (Legal & Compliance)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £competitive plus benefits
Holland and Barrett are looking to recruit a Paralegal, to join our thriving in-house Legal Function.
The Paralegal will support a small in-house legal and compliance team. Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the successful candidate will support the team and liaise closely with the Head of Contracts, Legal & Compliance Director, Marketing & Digital Solicitor and Trainee to support the general administration of the Compliance program, Supplier Onboarding Due Diligence checks, GDPR SARS administration, Accelerate Contracts Program administration, inbox management and to take the lead on progressing customer complaints escalated to legal with supervision within Legal & Compliance KPI's.
The successful candidate can expect to take on an interesting and varied caseload, both running their own files and working closely to assist the team.
Key Duties Include:
- Managing the H&B GDPR, Office of Data Protection inbox and progressing matters through to completion
- Preparing Compliance and Legal numbers and KPI stats for the monthly audit report
- Conducting the Supplier onboarding due Diligence checks and progressing through to internal sign off
- Administering and tracking the Contract Accelerate Program - and keeping the team and matters on track to meet the legal KPI's Lodging
- Setting up the team meetings and keeping the agenda's and minutes, tracking actions
- Managing the various legal & compliance team enquiries inbox and co-ordinating timely replies
- Assisting the business with the use of Legal & Compliance standard templates, including being responsible for NDA requests
- Dealing with Customer Complaints and gathering the background information through to first draft responses under supervision.
The ideal candidate will;
- have an interest in legal (preferably with a law degree) and a want to further develop their career long term within the legal services industry
- ideally have at least 12 months relevant experience within a commercial team with a good grounding in commercial work
- have completed their LPC or have an interest in undertaking the LPC and / or CILEX / and progressing to trainee role or other relevant qualifications
Other key attributes include:
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Work as part of a team
- Willing to learn new skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good organisational skills
- Proactive attitude
- Attention to accuracy