Provides patient handling assistance to support and function as part of the patient care team.
• Assists with the repositioning, lifting, transferring and ambulation of patients.
• Utilizes patient handling equipment that assists in the repositioning, lifting, transferring and ambulation of patients.
• Works collaboratively as part of the nursing-patient care service team and adheres to department and hospital base procedures.
• Documents activity, level of assistance, and distance for each patient intervention.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• PATIENT HANDLING: Transfers patient safely and positions patient following precautions per diagnoses and physician order.
• EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE: Inspects equipment and validates that equipment is in proper working order.
• PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• PATIENT SAFETY - ANCILLARY/SUPPORT: Contributes to a safe patient care environment.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• BLS Certification
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. The incumbent must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action when required.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.
Working conditions:Organizational Profile:
• Bending and Stooping 80.00%
• Climbing 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 80.00%
• Kneeling 60.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Reaching 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
• Running 40.00%
• Sitting 80.00%
• Squatting 80.00%
• Standing 80.00%
• Walking 80.00%
• Audible Speech 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity 80.00%
• Smelling Acuity 40.00%
• Depth Perception 80.00%
• Distinguish Color 80.00%
• Seeing - Far 80.00%
• Seeing - Near 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals 60.00%
• Dust 80.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
• Hazardous Medication 60.00%
• Latex 80.00%
• Computer Monitor 80.00%
• Domestic Animals 60.00%
• Fire Risk 40.00%
• Heating Devices 60.00%
• Magnetic Fields 40.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 80.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.