Company: SOVEREIGN SPORTSMAN SOLUTIONS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
At S3, we define ourselves as a team that builds products and solutions to generate money for conservation and ultimately serves to get more people outdoors. We are developers, project managers, marketers, and problem-solvers, bound by our shared passion for the outdoors and conservation. We are committed to building conservation agency business and bringing them more customers. Throughout North America, millions of consumers use our technology to purchase hunting and fishing licenses, make campground reservations, buy park entry permits, license boats and ATVs, and so much more.
The S3 Internship Program is designed to help prepare the next generation of conservation leaders and make a positive impact on the resource. We do this by giving students real-world marketing and conservation business experience over the course of ~12 weeks (~20 hours per week) while receiving competitive pay.
The primary function of this internship position is to prepare the student for a career as a Hunting, Fishing & Shooting R3 (Recruitment, Retention & Reactivation) Coordinator. The student will act as the R3 Coordinator for our Internal R3 Program at Sovereign Sportsman Solutions aimed at helping our teammates enjoy the outdoors. Over the course of the internship the student will-
- Create a framework for collaboration between stakeholders that provides the foundation for enhanced communication and coordination of outdoor recreation R3 efforts based on models of success to include coordination of teammate R3 retreat/event that will serve as the culminating event for the internship.
- Develop, implement, and provide support for in-person and online education programs for our teammates.
- Implement marketing strategies, based upon data analysis, that will address key R3 needs and positive impact.
- Develop tools and coordinate efforts to evaluate S3 and partner R3 programming efforts.
- Work to harvest and analyze outdoor participation data, develop usable reports and recommend program and marketing actions based on data analysis.
- Assess the various gaps that exist in recruitment and retention pathways at the company and coordinate the development of a framework for filling them.
- Work with stakeholders to provide a greater number of effective mentoring opportunities for new hunters, anglers and, shooters.
- Collaborate and assist State Agency Partner R3 Coordinators on a project-to-project basis.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of the S3 R3 Plan for other companies to replicate.
- Develop tools to bring existing hunters and novices together to enhance mentoring.
- Align new and existing mentoring efforts/outreach programs with current models of success
The Internship will also consist of the following:
- Learning and working within a Customer Relationship Management System
- Planning, Implementing, and Optimizing Marketing Automations
- Conducting market, campaign, and audience segmentation research
- Assisting with campaign planning, coordination, and execution
- Curating and creating campaign and marketing content
- Assisting with event planning and coordination
- Assisting with planning, coordinating, and executing social media campaigns
S3 is looking for top-performing, ambitious and self-starting students who love to hunt, fish, and get outdoors. A passion for conservation and the future of the outdoors is an absolute prerequisite. Strong candidates will possess.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- A creative and innovative problem-solving mindset
- A detail-oriented and highly organized approach to their work
- Teamwork and people skills
- An intense desire to learn marketing best practices
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to learn new technology and platforms
- Social Media and engagement skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please include any examples of past work or projects that demonstrate the qualifications of this position or your desire to make an impact in conservation.