Autism Learning Support Assistant
Roles across West Sussex
Long term opportunities available.
The school support young people to develop their emotional wellbeing and social skills. As a Learning Support Assistant you will support the school to develop students to cope better with the things they find challenging whether this is during their school day or at home. The successful candidate will help establish positive and healthy relationships, emotional wellbeing and developing social skills. The school are currently on the look out for an additional teaching assistant to work through us initially with the likelihood of a permanent contract after a specific amount of time.
We are looking for dedicated individuals who are passionate about providing the highest standards of care and facilitating opportunities for learning for our wonderful children. Previous experience of looking after children with autism would be an advantage however a can-do attitude and commitment to the children and your team is equally as important.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Plan and support a child with autism and help them reach their potential in a professional and caring manner
- Be reliable and punctual when working individually in the community or when part of a team and supporting colleagues to do their jobs
- Actively plan and join in play and youth activities including swimming, ball games, messy play and music
- Be prepared to communicate differently with a wide range of people
- Keep records and write reports when required
- Ensure the highest level of safety and safeguarding at all times
- Applicants will be working in a classroom supporting assistants and fellow support workers on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with pupils.
- The role will operate between 8:30 - 15:30, Monday - Friday.
- Full time is preferred but part time applicants may still apply.
If you would like to find out more, please feel free to contact Louis Harris on the details below.