Teacher of Geography/History
Start: September 2021
Salary: MPS/UPS, also suitable for NQTs
Full/Part time temp to perm contract
Our partner school based in Worthing are seeking to appoint an excellent classroom practitioner, who will support the implementation and delivery of Geography and/or History. The successful applicant will be fully acquainted with the new KS4 curriculum, and looking to be actively engaged with continued professional development to further enhance their subject knowledge. This role would be ideal for either an experienced teacher looking for a new challenge, or a NQT seeking their first teaching post.
The ideal candidate:
- Can build rapport with their students quickly to capture engagement
- Can promote a love for the subject and enable students to identify with it in the real world
- Is experienced in teaching KS3 and KS4 History and/or Geography and has UK QTS, although OTT are welcome to apply
- Is willing to plan and prepare lessons as required working collaboratively with colleagues and the wider school community
- Has good classroom management skills
- Is not phased by working with lower level learners and has a genuine passion to enable all pupils to reach their potential
As an employee of teaching personnel, you will benefit from:
- Choice and Variety - giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- Excellence in Education Awards - recognising the positive impact you deliver in schools
- TP Tokens - supporting national children and education charities through your direction
- A dedicated consultant who will keep in touch with you offering support and always looking for the next opportunity for you.
The school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children of which we, as a recruiting partner share. All staff that meet 'regulated activity' will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) with Barred Lists check before employment commences.