The Senior Financial Analyst is an integral member of our US Commercial Finance team. Primary responsibilities include monthly close activities and analysis, business modeling and forecasting. This position allows for direct exposure to senior and executive-level management and will support all brands and departments across the Future US business. This role will report into senior members of the Commercial Finance team based in the US and the UK.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support monthly financial close activities by reconciling actuals to forecast and researching variances
- Prepare and publish weekly and quarterly revenue forecasts for multiple lines of business
- Administration of sales commission plan, including calculations and analysis
- Maintain financial models to analyze data and extrapolate historical trends into future looking forecasts; identify and communicate risks and opportunities
- Create additional reports to support financial reporting, management requests and needs for analysis
- Leverage financial management and planning software, including Net Suite and Adaptive Planning, to help drive reporting & forecasting process improvement
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preferred - Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
Prior Work Experience:
- Preferred- Experience at either a public auditing firm and/or supporting a digital media organization, considered a plus
- Very strong Excel skills essential
- Experience with accounting and management reporting systems including Adaptive Planning, NetSuite is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and system skills
- Process-oriented, strong follow-thru skills
- Familiarity with digital publishing business model, a plus
- Or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities
We are Future, a global multi-platform media company with big ambitions and the talent to bring them to life. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer.
We’re the name behind award-winning brands in specialist sectors like technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, field sports, knowledge and home interest. Specialists in our field and passionate about what we do, every year we attract millions of consumers to our websites, magazines, events and social spaces.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. But that’s not enough – we’re continually adding to our portfolio, building on our technology and investing in our people. Everything we do is born from our desire to innovate and influence and we restlessly look to improve. We hire people we can learn from and we work together to push the boundaries of what can be done.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients and shareholders. Our shareholders have watched Future transition into an innovative global platform for specialist media, our share price has performed well in parallel with both the transition and our growing ability in making our content pay. Shares Magazine have issued their 10 stocks for 2018 which includes Future as one of their top picks.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work and the kind of personal development that makes every day even more enjoyable and challenging. We believe it to be a really exciting time to join Future.
Every kind of talent is celebrated and nurtured here. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, which means we don’t have a single headquarters. Across our offices in London, Bath, New York, Sydney, Bournemouth, Bromsgrove and San Francisco, each and every one of us is playing a part in driving our business forward.
Role: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.