Field Service Maintenance Technician
As a Maintenance Technician for you will be responsible for maintenance and repairs at restaurants. A successful applicant will be organized, able to work independently and have experience with repairing a wide range of restaurant equipment, electrical systems, heating systems, HVAC/Refrigeration, plumbing and painting.
***Company vehicle, gas card and cell phone provided free of charge! Local travel only (no overnight trips or long drives). Your home will be your office and you will not have to “report in” prior to commencing on your day’s work.***
Position Responsibilities (Including but not limited to)
- Prioritize and complete needed equipment repairs as they occur in a timely fashion
- Repair and perform preventative maintenance and replacement functions on a wide range of restaurant equipment (Fryers, Grills, Walk-in-Freezers/Coolers, Ice Machines, Ovens etc...) electrical systems, heating systems, HVAC/Refrigeration, plumbing, painting.
- Respond to emergency service calls for repair
- Work to implement preventive maintenance procedures as defined by company representatives
- Develop a work schedule to minimize the impact on customer service and restaurant operations
- Inspect and correctly diagnose standard malfunctions in restaurant equipment
- Estimate time and cost of repairs and cost of equipment
- At least 2 years of experience in restaurant equipment repairs
- Ability to perform technician work on a wide range of restaurant equipment (Fryers, Grills, Walk-in-Freezers/Coolers, Ice Machines, Ovens etc...) electrical systems, heating systems, HVAC/Refrigeration, plumbing, painting.
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative
- Ability to inspect and correctly diagnose standard malfunctions in restaurant equipment
- Ability to perform minor and major technical repairs and adjustments within the time frames as established
- Ability to Read and interpret manuals, schematics, plans and specifications related to duties
- Computer proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Service industry experience appliance repair, kitchen equipment, Refrigeration, HVAC or an accredited
- Possess mechanical & electrical skills, be able to read wiring diagrams & schematics.
- Must have current Driver's License & clean driving record.
- Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (e.g. EPA, CFESA)
- Ability to handle Stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and have the ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- General electrical, plumbing, carpentry and painting
- HVAC and Refrigeration
- Food Service Equipment Repair
- EPA Card (Mandatory)
- Requires standing, walking, Kneeling, bending, pushing/pulling and routine lifting/carrying 75-100 lbs.
- Climbing ladders and working at various heights.
- Deals with sudden temperature change when working in coolers.
- Some repetitive hand movements when constantly using tools. May use googles and gloves occasionally when around hot or moving equipment.
Role: Field Service Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.