Location - Birmingham
Salary - £61,000 per annum plus 4 weeks annual leave, sick pay and a pension scheme
Project - HS2
My client is currently looking for a Engineer for the HS2 project.
Delivers cost-effective design solutions that comply with HS2's project and statutory requirements, supporting the Senior Area Engineer. Reviews and assesses technical submissions from PSCs determining compliance with standards and requirements.
- Deliver safe and affordable design solutions that meet requirements and ensure value for money at each stage of the HS2 development.
- Support PSCs, drawing on expertise from within HS2 informing and supporting the min delivering and design work that complies with requirements.
- Identify and assess design risks within the project.
- Ensure technical submissions comply with the accepted format and design requirements.
- Provide technical engineering input, designs, documentation and responses supporting the hybrid bill through parliament including additional provisions, freedom of information requests, and technical requests.
- Attend public consultation and planning forums, working with local communities identifying priorities.
- Support Senior Area Engineer in liaising with external stakeholders fully capturing their input and balance that with the overall HS2 business and technical requirements.
- Explore opportunities for developing local community benefits and solutions under the direction of the Area Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of engineering design principles achieving optimal design outputs.
- Ability to resolve complex design problems, demonstrating a tenacious approach tackling problems whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a range of multidisciplinary stakeholders, demonstrating strong influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate, engage and influence a variety of external stakeholders at public forums.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to stakeholders.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, delivering under pressure meeting tight deadlines whilst gathering input from other functions.
- Extensive experience of design and engineering, ranging from feasibility to detail design, working on a large, complex infrastructure project.
- Experience of consultant management and compliance.
If this role is of interest then please apply with you most up to date CV or calling VGC Personnel 01895 671820.
"VGC Personnel are acting as an employment business to this vacancy"
Apply for this job now.