Position: Fixed term contract for between 12 to 18 months
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Laboratory Seed Analyst to join their friendly team as a maternity cover for around 12 - 18 months.
Provide support to the Seed Analysts with all activities in the Seed Testing laboratory under their supervision and according to laboratory procedures.
- Assist with the day to day seed testing activities including germination, moisture, purity, conductivity tests and calibration.
- To attend team meetings and share training / ideas so that the company can test seeds by best means possible
- Preparing of boxes for seed tests according to ISTA standards and laboratory protocols
- Helping with maintaining a clean, tidy working environment
- Provide assistance in other areas of seed treatment team as required
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience working in horticulture/laboratory
- Experience working in seed testing is desirable
- A levels or equivalent by experience
This role requires the ability to handle routine tasks and procedures and have a willingness to learn about seed testing requirements. You must be able to follow protocols with a high degree of accuracy and be able to communicate effectively.
The successful candidate will need to have a good attention to detail, be computer literate and be capable of working as part of a team.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying.