The Compensation Analyst studies compensation and economic data to build different data products using Salary.com’s proprietary methodology. The Compensation Analyst provides first line services to customers on matters related to the management of their compensation programs. This position is also responsible for supporting customers who use Salary.com data by validating participant survey submissions, and generating reports or analytics. In addition, this position creates, maps, and maintains job descriptive content including job levels and compensable factors. Our mission is to provide our customers with fast and accurate compensation data that they can use to make informed talent management decisions.
- Provide consultative solutions to customers that use Salary.com’s compensation analysis software and compensation data.
- Study market compensation surveys to understand the market ranges of pay for a job.
- Perform benchmark job matching across multiple survey sources.
- Build market-pricing composites for jobs in different industries, company sizes, and geographies.
- Formulate pay trends and scope differentials to make economic adjustments to the data.
- Prepare testing plans and assure data quality.
- Document business processes for data production.
- Help clients effectively use Salary.com software and data in order to manage their compensation programs.
- Support customers in their use of Salary.com’s vast compensation database.
- Audit customer survey participation files.
- Work with survey customers to resolve issues with their participation files.
- Write and edit benchmark job descriptions.
- Map supplementary content to jobs descriptions such as skills, certifications, and licenses.
- Contribute to compensation consulting projects.
- Contribute to new product development by working with Product Managers.
- Assist in the completion of other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in the human resources field.
- 0 - 1 years of experience as a compensation professional, and a desire for continuous learning.
- Knowledge of market-value based job evaluation methodology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with close deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated customer service abilities.
- Experience working with relational databases a plus.
- Desire to become a Certified Compensation Professional.
- 4 weeks paid vacation/sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- Cell phone reimbursement
- 401k matching
- Base salary and bonus
- Modern new office with unlimited snacks
You will receive thorough training to become a capable contributor. Our goal is to train you on our compensation process, so you are ready for the next career opportunity here at Salary.com. We are committed to cultivating our future leaders.
Join an established and prominent software company that has a start-up culture and entrepreneurial spirit. Salary.com grew new business bookings 34% last year and continues with that strong momentum in 2018. This is a vibrant, fast-paced and innovative culture, where everyone can have an impact and make a difference. We are looking to expand our Compensation team with new Analysts. You would be part of a smart, motivated, successful group that works hard and has fun. We are committed to teaching and training, providing continuous feedback and support, and internal advancement and career development. Last year the Compensation team won the Stevie Award by satisfying clients from mid-sized companies to the Fortune 100. Today, we are hiring to fill those spots and more.
Salary.com is the leading compensation data and analytics company with the best product in the space ... and that’s not just us talking. Our fantastic user experience and platform won the highest award in the industry for technical innovation in 2017. We provide the information and tools that help all companies pay fairly to drive employee engagement and organizational success. 100 of our 175 worldwide employees are in the Waltham office, where this position resides. You will be surrounded by motivated professionals and an experienced executive team in a bright and modern open floor plan office, built for collaboration and community throughout the workday.
Come in and spend some time with us. We are looking for individuals who want to jump start their Compensation careers, who have excellent communication skills, and who are well organized and able to multi-task, and who want to crush goals.
Role: Compensation Analyst
Apply for this job now.