Job Title: Behaviour Support Assistant
Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Contract Type: Long term
Leader Education are recruiting a Behaviour Support Assistant to work at a large SEND School based in Barnsley. The ideal candidate will have experience inworking with children with SEND on a 1:1 or small group basis. The school caters for young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties from ages 5 to 16 years old.
The normal working pattern is Monday-Friday 8:30am until 3:30pm and is a long-term position.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience working in an educational setting, particularly with students who have diverse learning needs or relevant transferable experience
- Understanding of inclusive education principles and strategies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting the development of all students.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with teachers, parents, and other support staff.
Leader Education can offer:
- Competitive pay rates - £90 to £100 a day
- Refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme: £100 per referral (terms apply)
- Free CPD including Team Teach
- A dedicated consultant to answer any queries and for ongoing support
- Potential permanent contract after a qualifying period
If you are interested in this Inclusive Classroom Assistant role, we invite to submit a comprehensive CV outlining their teaching experience, qualifications which are relevant to this role. Please email your CV or call us on #removed#.
Leader Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, all applicants must go through a thorough vetting procedure, including enhanced DBS and reference checks.