- Stop work and immediately report any major injury hazards and Immediately report any work-related injury, illness, incident or hazard.
- Comply with HSE standards, policies & procedures.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) for protection of themselves and others.
- Work to promote an interdependent culture by looking out for one another.
- Correct hazards and safety concerns within their control and capabilities.
- Engage in HSE training.
- Follows all applicable standard work, process documentation and quality procedures such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), poka-yoke and visual standards.
- Raises quality concerns to minimize cost and exposures.
- Performs quality inspections.
- Identifies and controls non-conforming material.
- Monitor the performance and output of the team and assign tasks and inputs to ensure that work specifications, schedules, volume, cost, waste targets and quality standards are met.
- Ensures team members are using and following process documentation where applicable as part of operator training and defect investigation.
- First responder to equipment faults, parts shortages, quality issues, and safety issues.
- Coordinates or communicates activities between shifts and team leaders, customer and supplier departments, and other support functions.
- Assists management in organizing and coordinating headcount and overtime needs to meet
- Ensures on the job training and other training requirements are scheduled, completed and
- Assists management in creating and keeping a team which is focused on continuous improvement.
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
- Communicates effectively with the assigned team and all support teams.
- Completes training and personal development in preparation for upcoming changes in the business and or technology.
- Participates actively in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
- Monitors the stock levels of packaging and weld gasses and replenishes the stock using orders on Ariba.
High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience of leading a team in a manufacturing setting
- Experience of operating IT systems - Excel, PowerPoint, Scheduling systems (Oracle etc.) and Email systems.
- Team oriented individual with strong Communication & Presentation skills, both verbal and written.