The Operations Manager assists the Store Director in maximizing sales and net profit through effective management, operational, and financial methods. Supports in the training and certification of all Adventure Guides. Responsible for customer service, monitoring fuel dispensers, cash control, cash register operation, cleaning, stocking, and other duties as assigned. Provide prompt, efficient, effective and courteous quality service to the customer, as well as maintain the conditions of the store during the work shift up to the quality and safety standards set by the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Must be able to perform all duties of the Adventure Guide.
· Assist with the supervision and training of employees.
· Assist in the career development of employees. Train, update, encourage and support employees.
· Provide professional leadership and experienced guidance to store employees.
· Promote excellent service; resolve customer complaints in a timely and professional manner. Ensure merchandise is available, stocked and attractively displayed.
· Assume leadership role in the store when the Store Director/Store Director Trainee is not present.
· Perform all duties assigned by the Store Director/Store Director Trainee with no supervision. May be required to work irregular hours and attend job-related meetings.
· Expected to spend time carrying out routine duties, including customer checkout, food preparation, cleaning, ordering, stocking, etc.
· Complete general reporting and bookkeeping responsibilities as required. Complete and direct cash and inventory audits.
· Ability to create work schedule for store employees, ensuring that scheduled hours are within Company guidelines and work ratio.
· Order/receive gasoline and in-store merchandise.
· Stock shelves and price merchandise.
· Post advertising materials.
· Inspect store facilities and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and proper working order daily.
· Prepare FRESCH food product assortment and stocking FRESCH food display items. Maintain self-serve offerings (including, but not limited to the yogurt machine, coffee dispensers, fountain machine and condiment center).
· Safeguard and account for all money received and disbursed, ensuring that at least two store bank deposits are made daily.
· Follow and enforce city, county, state, and federal laws affecting store operations.
· Must be able to stand and/or walk for entire shift.
· Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist level.
· Ability to bend at waist with some twisting during workday.
· Ability to work with arms bent all day.
· Ability to stoop, kneel, and/or crouch while working.
· Ability to push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e. utilizing a hand truck).
· Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands throughout workday; requires hand-eye coordination and may require bilateral coordination of hands.
· Live and exemplify Maverik’s Core Values.
Qualifications: Experience, Competencies and Education
· High School Diploma or GED
· Food Service Permit, as required by store/county/state
· Ability to learn simple tasks quickly and work with little or no supervision
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Customer service and interpersonal skills
Be sure to select "SOCIAL MEDIA" as source on your application. Maverik is an EOE/ADA/Drug Free Workplace.
Maverik was founded by Reuel Call in Afton, Wyo., in 1928, and has grown to over 315 stores in 12 states to become the largest independent convenience store chain in the Inter-mountain West. Maverik currently employs 3,700 Adventure Guides and has aggressive growth plans, including expansion into markets west of the Mississippi. As Adventure’s First Stop, Maverik lives up to its purpose to build the coolest convenience-experience on the planet.
Role: Assistant Manager
Apply for this job now.