Working with the experts
SSP America is a trailblazing team of food travel experts, transforming the face of airport dining across North America. We’re all about creating and operating exceptional restaurants that are loved locally and acclaimed both nationally and internationally. Our consumer insight, passion and expertise are second to none. There’s no better place to further your career. We offer incredible benefits: discounts on amusement parks and events; fully paid medical, dental, vision and matching 401(k), including and airport parking. Competitive hourly wages at $14.00 and at $14.50 on October 1st, 2018!
The Airport Cook is the foundation of every successful restaurant at the airport. The role requires you to prepare, serve, sell, and maintain food/beverage items. This includes, taking orders, receiving vendor deliveries, and cleaning of food items. These tasks are to be performed in a timely and professional manner to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction.
We require our professional Airport Cooks to be honest, carrying themselves with integrity, self-motivation, and determination to succeed. The airport is a very prestigious, fast-paced work environment, so the ability to keep a level head and multitask in a busy restaurant setting is required and highly appreciated.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand that our guest is our #1 priority.
- Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner (where applicable).
- Follow all recipes and practice portion control to prepare, garnish, and present ordered items.
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the kitchen/station on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all required food, paper products, and condiments.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
- Responsible for set-up, regular maintenance, cleaning, and break-down of any machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storage of all perishables daily to ensure product quality.
- Complete opening, on-going, and closing checklists as required.
- Return all items used during your shift to the proper place, clean and organize all work and storage areas (including all coolers and refrigerators), empty and re-line all trash containers.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Perform general and specific cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Meet with manager upon arrival to discuss shift set-up, and check out with manager before leaving to ensure duties are completed.
- Adhere to scheduled shifts in a consistent fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- One year experience working in food service environment is essential.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Verbal and written communication is essential. Able to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Experience in dealing with problems involving customer service.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, and total all other charges.
- Food handlers permit as required by law.
- Brand Certification as required.
- Ability to remember, recite, and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard & point of sale procedures to pre-check an order & close out a check.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long period of time.
APPLY IN PERSON AT:
SSP America is a trailblazing team of food travel experts, transforming the face of airport dining across North America. We’re all about creating and operating exceptional restaurants that are loved locally and acclaimed both nationally and internationally. Our consumer insight, passion and expertise are second to none. There’s no better place to further your career.
Role: Line Cook
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.