Company: MBDA UK
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: 45000 - 52000 - Benefits:
MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world-class European missile company.
The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within the Electronic Engineering function for Electronic Engineering Hardware Technical Leads to manage the design, development, proving and delivery of the Electronic elements of our missile sub-systems, spanning land, air and ; What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Ideally, degree qualified with significant post qualification experience in Electronic Design, development and delivery; preferably in defence or related industry.
- Someone who can demonstrate the capability to lead significant Electronic design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Excellent problem solving skills and knowledge of a wide range of electronic technologies and products.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- Someone who can demonstrate awareness and understanding of cultural differences, with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- A willing and helpful attitude, a calm professional manner and the ability to assess and set priorities and deal with multiple issues on a regular basis
- Relevant 3D Electronic CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given)
This role provides:
What would you get?
- A unique opportunity to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills (where relevant) within a growing company
- Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products
- The opportunity to work with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment
- Opportunities to travel and work as part of an international team
- The chance to grow and advance your career into other higher level roles
- MBDA was awarded 11th place in the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for in 2019; join us and you will find out why!
- You will have many opportunities for personal development, through on-the-job and formal training.
You will also have support and encouragement to attain a professional qualification ( CEng) should you so wish.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
What’s great about the team?
- Management of the overall cost, schedule, quality & performance of the electronic elements of a missile sub-system, including electronic design, development and proving tasks.
- Development of electronic technical solutions in liaison with other skill domains ( Software, Mechanical Engineering etc.
- Contribution to the evolution of technical and environmental requirements in the early stages of the product design lifecycle, in collaboration with the Equipment Requirements Authority.
- Responsibility for ensuring robust electronics design, using common development techniques such as DFMEA.
- Co-ordination of resources to deliver all tasks associated with the delivery of electronic equipment.
- Responsibility for managing all proving activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
- Co-ordination of, and support to, technical problem solving and analysis.
- Providing the necessary support to series production through ‘industrial validation’ activities, ensuring electronic equipment production is achievable at quality, rate and cost.
- Management of physical interfaces with suppliers and sub-contractors in order to integrate third party supplied equipment / hardware, where necessary.
- Participation in project and design reviews.
- Responsible for a Budget / Work Package of up to £500k
- Potential for technical responsibility of a team of up to 5 people
- Our people are extremely competent and highly committed.
As an organisation, we work on technologies that make us the best at what we do.
When properly supported our people can do extraordinary things and so can you.
We love our jobs.
What we do is important to us, to our families and to our nation.
We excel because we want to ensure freedom of choice and expression.
We all need a steer, a little advice.
No business does this better.
You will get the support of a mentor network, a people management community (who offer leadership support through focus groups & hosting internationally renowned experts in leadership) and peers and the people you are there to support will support you.
We work better as a team and when you join our team you will be made welcome.
- We strive to be better.
We encourage you to teach us, and if you are great at what you do we want you to share your knowledge and experience to help us improve.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working ; MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.