ARG Communications, Inc. has a solid infrastructure and an excellent reputation for customer service. ARG offers the following products and services:
· Structured fiber, data and voice cabling
· Video surveillance systems
· and more!
We offer a competitive base salary, paid training and benefits including health/vision/dental, 401K matching and PTO. If you are looking for both a challenging and rewarding position, we want you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are a recognized leader in sales, consulting and on-going support of voice and data technology systems. We also offer sales and service for router and switch configuration, intercom systems and CCTV installations. We are looking for a full-time Cabling Technician to join our Technology Team by performing the following duties:
· Installing, cabling and programming new equipment at job-sites to maintain proper cable management.
· Responsibilities will include field work, installing and structured cabling such as Cat5e, Cat6 and fiber.
· Provide technical support as part of the ARG team by responding to pre-sales, site surveys, installation, and service related issues.
· Work directly with customers, channel partners and third party vendors to resolve issues.
· Take all steps to troubleshoot and resolve issues reported.
· Use all available knowledge management tools.
· Take all necessary steps to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Create and submit detailed documentation of customer interactions. Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness are key.
· Perform special projects as assigned by management.
· Continually train, attain, and maintain certification in projects and services relevant to ARG’s offerings.
· Respond to customer phone calls and emails by recording details of the events in the ARG ticketing system, keeping the customer up-to-date on problem resolution.
· Assess and troubleshoot cabling systems with Fluke Cable Tester.
· Excellent customer communication skills, both oral and written.
· Communication skills to convey a situation in a professional and logical manner.
· The ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Problem solving skills and ability to exercise sound judgment in any customer service scenario.
· Consistent customer care, quality standards, and reporting requirements are core competencies of the position.
· The candidate will be required to have the ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and fluctuations in workflow.
· High School Diploma or equivalent. Two year technical degree or trade school is a plus/preferred.
· 3+years field technician experience w/ wireless and data networking equipment.
· The ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
· Knowledge of BICSI Structured Cabling Standards a plus/preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Role: Cabling Technician
Apply for this job now.