Multi-craft position that installs, repairs and maintains electrical and mechanical equipment such as engines, compressors, motors, boilers, product/utility pumps, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines, building and utility equipment by performing the following duties:
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides emergency/scheduled repairs of production equipment & performs scheduled repairs of equipment during production runs. Troubleshoots, programs, and maintains PLC's. Calls for back up & coordinates repairs with other mechanics.
- Inspects & tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication and power circuits. Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment & replaces damage or broken wires & cables throughout the Plant.
- Uses mechanical skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Installs, repairs, overhauls, modifies & maintains electrical & mechanical systems, equipment & machinery. Replaces faulty switches & other elements of electrical & mechanical systems. Dismantles electrical machinery & replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes and armatures.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electrical, electronic, and mechanical components. Performs required routine preventive maintenance and repair activities when not working on breakdowns. Responsible for product line changeovers when necessary.
- Performs all work in accordance with established GMP and safety procedures. Responsible for performing repairs for the Sanitation department and if necessary assist with the completion of duties and for daily cleanup of work areas in the plant.
- Assists in the preparation of various building components and systems for trades units and/or contractors, disassembles and installs equipment and fixtures.
The hours are subject to plant operation and are subject to change. Be available for emergency call outs during the week and over the weekend. Weekend work will be required as well as other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Degree from college or technical school; and 5 years of relevant work experience in each of the following crafts: PLC installation, repairs, programming & troubleshooting. Installation, repairs & troubleshooting of HMI, touch screens & other controls & interfaces. Electrical motors, VFDs & other controls installation, repairs & troubleshooting. Building electrical systems & controls installation, repairs & troubleshooting
- High & low voltage lighting systems installation, repairs & troubleshooting. Refrigeration & HVAC installation, operation, repairs & troubleshooting. High & low pressure boiler installation, operation, repairs & troubleshooting. Compressed air systems installation, operation, repairs & troubleshooting. Cooling Towers & chilled water systems installation, operation, repairs & troubleshooting. Water & waste water treatment systems installation, operation, repairs & troubleshooting. Product & utility pumps systems installation, operation, repairs & troubleshooting.
- CIP systems installation, operation, repairs & troubleshooting. Sanitary & other piping/valves systems installation, operation, repairs & troubleshooting TIG, arc & gas welding & fabrication. Lathe, mill & other machine shop equipment operation
- Electric forklift operation, repairs & troubleshooting. Articulating man lift operation, repairs & troubleshooting
Knowledge and Skill Level
Able to follow blueprints and other technical instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only a limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form. Able to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Working knowledge of electronic and electrical concepts and operating safety. Demonstrated ability to use hand and power tools commonly used in electrical, electronic, and mechanical trades.
Ventura Foods has developed a reputation for providing foods that consumers enjoy, by specializing in quality foods including oils, shortenings, margarines, dressings, mayonnaise, sauces, soup bases and flavor bases, while supplying commercial customers with ingredients for their success: products, services and programs that enhance business and increase sales. Today, Ventura Foods is meeting the challenges of an ever-changing world by applying the strengths of our commercial resources, the talents of our employees and the opportunities created by new technologies.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Role: Industrial Technician (Maintenance Mechanic) 3rd shift
Apply for this job now.