The PC Technician is a support position for IT related incidents and service requests on the Corporate network. The role of the PC Technician is to provide PC setup, support and services to end-users for hardware and software issues. The PC Technician is responsible for resolving service requests as well as meeting end user satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
The PC Technician is also responsible for computer workstations setup, configuration and related peripherals on the PPI network.
IT staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, in person (for walk-in end users), and self-service. The PC Technician must keep updated on technology trends and developments in the IT industry, and be able to work as part of a team. On occasion, the PC Technician will be required to perform duties outside regular business hours.
1. Diagnose and resolve hardware and software incidents, including operating systems (Windows 7, 10) and across a range of enterprise software applications.
2. Provide direct technical support including assistance for maintaining all hardware/software, and troubleshooting PC problems in a timely manner.
3. Setup and install hardware and IT equipment, including computer workstations and related peripherals.
4. Provide PC support in a large network environment, supporting IT personnel and end-user operational requirements.
5. Install software applications and software updates, and ensure compatibility for computer workstations and networks.
6. Maintain a high support closure rate while maintaining quality and end-user focus.
7. Accurately record, update, and document requests using the IT service desk system.
8. Maintain end-user and customer confidence by keeping commitments and giving accurate and concise assistance.
9. Respond to technical situations in a timely and professional manner.
10. Identify call escalations and react with a sense of urgency.
11. Maintain relevant support documentation for L3 systems and enable end-users to be more self-sufficient.
12. Run diagnostic tests to detect and isolate machine malfunctions and take corrective action. 13. Escalate technical issues to support problem resolution.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General knowledge of current computer hardware, and enterprise software, which must include at least 3 years current experience in computer component installation, operation and configuration such as motherboard, memory, hard disk, multimedia and other external component installation and upgrades.
- Thorough knowledge of operating systems, Windows 7 / 10 and troubleshooting.
- Thorough knowledge and troubleshooting skills for MS Office 2007, 2016.
- Ability to take ownership of issues using PC HW/SW problem solving skills to troubleshoot and implement temporary or permanent fixes with the goal of restoring service to the end user as soon as possible.
- Demonstrate a service-oriented attitude when executing job duties.
- Knowledge of engineering development software (Autodesk 2D/3D CAD, Matlab, Orcad, Microsoft Visual Studio, etc.) is highly desired.
- Experience in military/Department of Defense (DoD) industry is a plus.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
Prefer Associates degree (A.S) in Computer Information Systems or related field; technical school and four to five years of related experience and/or training, preferably in military/Department of Defense (DoD) industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Role: PC Technician
Apply for this job now.