JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Refinitiv, formerly the Financial & Risk business of Thomson Reuters, is one of the world's largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure. We provide information, insights, and technology that drive innovation and performance in global markets. Our 160-year Reuters heritage of integrity enables customers to make critical decisions with confidence, while our unique open platform, best-in-class data, and cutting-edge technology bring greater opportunity to our customers. By advancing our customers, we drive progress for the entire financial community.
Refinitiv Lipper provides independent insight on global collective investments, including mutual funds, retirement funds, hedge funds and fund fees and expenses. Lipper offers premium-quality data, fund ratings, analytical tools and global commentary through specialized product offerings. Trusted by investment professionals for more than 40 years, Lipper provides unparalleled expertise and insight to the funds industry.
The Manger of Lipper UK&I research is the educational link between our front-line staff and the content and methodologies used within the Refintiv Lipper products. Also maintaining contacts with Lipper clients as well as financial industry participants such as manufacturers, advisors, distributors and the media.
- Expert in all asset classes of mutual funds with good knowledge and understanding of product categories and regional markets, including solid foundation in technicals, fundamentals and derivatives
- Provide insight into factors that drive innovation in our products and methodologies, fuel sales, illuminate market risks, create opportunities and affect investment decisions by researching and preparing regular dialogues in the funds industry as well as broader macro-economic factors affecting the markets
- Identify trends and opportunities and deliver ideas and opinions that add value to the clients and the broader financial and media community
- React quickly to breaking news events and major data to produces instant comment on how such events impact the industry and flows into fund products
- Work closely with methodology and classification thought leadership and liaise with colleagues and clients to ensure our best thinking and client needs are appropriately represented in our products
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies
- Good communicator who can deliver ideas clearly and succinctly under extreme time pressures, using a range of media and formats - news wire, chatrooms, columns, TV, blogs, social media channels, etc
- Strong background in communications and/or editor roles would be beneficial
- Proficient in creating graphics and PowerPoint, manipulate data in Excel or other software, mine market and economic data from the Lipper/Refinitiv tools (L-IM/Workspace, etc.)
- Excellent command of spoken and written English with other European language fluency being helpful
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite with ability to manipulate data in Excel and presentations/proposals in Word and PowerPoint
- Pro-active with a demonstrated track record of initiative and leadership
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deliver on complex assignments
- Excellent communication skills to articulate complex/sophisticated ideas and value propositions
- Ability to engage other team members
- Strong focus on the customer
A Bachelor's degree in Banking/Finance/Economics
As a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.
Role: Manager- Lipper United Kingdom & Ireland Research
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: London (Central), London (Greater), London (Greater)
Apply for this job now.