We are seeking a committed and experienced Social Worker to join the Looked After Children team, Children & Family Community Services on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The salary for this post is £42,206 up to £48,965
Reporting to the Team Manager of the Looked After Children Team you will:
- hold case management responsibility for a number of Looked After Children and long term care requirement cases and to contribute to an effective service to these children, their parents and carers.
- maintain and support children in their placements, ensuring the child, their carers, parents and other professionals are consulted and kept informed.
-attend court and CYCT, prepare reports and to represent Children and Family Community Services
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare; their Social Work service provides an excellent Children and Families Service, supported by Social Workers recruited to a very high standard.
This includes undertaking work with children subject to care requirements in accordance with the Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law 2008.
The Law has introduced fundamental and significant changes to how concerns relating to children and young people are dealt with and is based broadly on the Children's Hearing System in Scotland.
Qualified Social Worker with current full UK statutory registration
Current or recent Children & Families Social Work experience
Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence; own vehicle required, (mileage expensed at full rate)
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- Temporary initial staff accommodation then a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.