MarriottInternational portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and MarriottHotels.
MarriottHotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 globallocations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly.As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by deliveringpremium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With yourskills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future oftravel.
Ideally located amongst the Cheshire countryside minutes froman International Airport the 4 star Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel embodiesa unique mix of Manchester energy and Cheshire charm. It has evolved into anexclusive hotel that is vibrant and stylish with our newly designed Lounge Barand Restaurant. Experience our hotels exclusive Executive Lounge and new richlyappointed non-smoking Executive Bedrooms, with our luxurious Marriott beddingpackage. Indulge in our hotels Leisure Club and Four Seasons Spa offeringmassages, waxing, facials and more, worlds away from the stress of the day.
Why Work For Us:
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand ofour calibre, you will also be offered:
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent
- Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here
- World class training and development& programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
- Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
- Discounted room nights, meals,& and leisure club access-because your well-being means so much
- Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations during the overnight shift. Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
• Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in employee handbook).
• Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
• Manages all period-end inventories.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
• Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
• Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
• Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
• Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
• Manages employee hours.
• Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Supporting Human Resources Activities
• Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
• Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
• Assists supervisors in handling employee performance issues (e.g., performance reviews, counseling, and recommendations).
• Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Encourages employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
• Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
• Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
See descriptionRole: Night Manager (40 Hours / 4 Days) Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Manchester, England, EnglandApply for this job now.