Senior Healthcare Analyst
£35,000 per annum - plus excellent benefits and bonuses
A new and exciting opportunity for a skilled and experienced Healthcare Analyst to join a highly prestigious and global financial services company based in Manchester has just become available. You will be producing analytical research, data and forecasts on all aspects of the healthcare sector for senior decision-makers in financial institutions, consultancies, government agencies and multinational corporations.
You will need to possess a high degree of numeracy, excellent writing skills and a demonstrable passion for the healthcare sector, as well as wider current affairs. You will be able to demonstrate a high degree of awareness of how economics and politics impacts healthcare and an awareness of the commercial sector. You will be comfortable with and have some experience in mentorship and supporting junior colleagues. You will work independently on your own projects at the same time as proactively collaborating with other departments and will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise. You must be a strong communicator with confidence in presenting ideas and will be comfortable contributing to leadership in the healthcare space. You will be willing to share your insights with a research team spread across five global offices, and to have your view challenged and debated.
Research roles based in the company’s Manchester office will focus on the Healthcare sector. As such, candidates with knowledge of the sector may have an advantage. However, an interest in the sector, a genuine and demonstrable passion for current affairs and the ability to challenge people’s thinking and improve their analysis, even without extensive sector experience, are the key requirements.
This new Analyst role not only offers a generous basic salary but also comes with exceptional perks and benefits. It really is a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Analyst to make an impact within a friendly, professional team.
• Contributing analytical research across a variety of countries and healthcare sub-sectors to our daily, monthly and quarterly publications
• Producing reports containing opportunity and risk assessments/market forecasts
• Collecting and analysing data to strengthen market understanding and using it as a basis for generating market growth forecasts
• Updating company reports - incorporating latest developments, financial data and competitor activity
• Contributing thought leadership to our healthcare analysis by combining an in-depth understanding of company, therapy area and country knowledge and coupling that with a growing understanding of macroeconomic, political risk and wider sector risk
• Providing mentorship and acting as a role model for junior analysts, including editing analytical copy and challenging views to ensure robust argumentation, assisting with training and leading by example in terms of healthcare knowledge and analytical excellence
• Contributing to bespoke research projects in the Healthcare space as required on a project basis
• Proofing news briefs from third-party providers for grammar and accuracy to incorporate them into Healthcare publications
• Playing a proactive role in supporting Marketing and Sales teams
• Championing healthcare views across the wider research team - ensuring those views and known by and represented in the work of the wider team
· Demonstrable experience of producing analytical, opinion-led research to tight deadlines.
· Experience mentoring, training or supporting the work of junior colleagues
· Educated to degree level
· A strong interest in the Healthcare sector with an excellent awareness of current sector trends
· An interest in economics, business and current affairs
· Excellent problem solving and creative thinking ability and demonstrable intellectual curiosity
· An excellent standard of written English and very strong verbal communication and presentation skills
· Numeracy and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and excellent time management skills
· Previous work experience within the healthcare sector, or a sub-sector, preferably producing written research and analysis
· Biological, life sciences, economics, finance, international relations, political science degree, or similar
· Interest in Emerging Markets
· Experience forecasting
· Experience in a client-facing role, or working on directly commercial projects
This is a fantastic role for an experienced Analyst with a strong background in Pharmaceuticals or Healthcare wanting to take the next step in their career working for a well-known financial organisation in Manchester. To apply for this opportunity please send your CV to Gemma Grima-Brown today.
It is HYFs policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.