PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Data and GIS Specialist for SMNR and WoFG
• Location: Flexible
• Grade & Salary: 5, £30,120 rising to £33,383 over three years
• Post number: 202520
• Type of contract: Fixed term contract until 31 March 2021
• Work pattern: full time
Closing date: 31 May 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of specific data and GIS projects as part of NRW's wider program to deliver new approaches to the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources (SMNR). Defining the requirements for data and information and managing projects that will ensure the delivery of evidence to support the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources. In addition to this, the post holder will support and help drive the delivery of an online data and information portal, as part of the new ways of working under SMNR.
Qualifications and Skills
• Excellent data management skills and experience in managing data in a business context E.g. collating, warehousing, publishing, managing, transforming, manipulating, interrogating, archiving, extracting, analysing and using data; including experience in using enterprise cataloguing, publishing or transformation tools
• Experience of database administration of either a corporate database, a data warehouse, data catalogue, data integration tools, data interrogation or publishing tools
• An understanding of external policies and legislation that govern the way that we share and publish our data, data sensitivities and experience of managing sensitive and confidential information
• Degree in a relevant subject or a good grounding in data management, natural, environmental or computer science.
• Experience of providing users support in a data or IT environment. An understanding of the ITIL framework or similar governance framework for application development and user support is desirable.
For more information, please visit our website.
Role: Data and GIS Specialist for SMNR and WoFG
Job Type: Contract
Apply for this job now.