What will I be doing?
As Assistant Front of House Manager, you will assist & deputise in the management of the Front Office Teams, the main connection between the Guest, the hotel, and the various hotel departments. Our Assistant Front of House Manager is part of a dedicated team responsible for managing the first & last impressions of our Guests and therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards...
What are we looking for?
- Oversee the Front Office operation
- Deputise for Front of House Manager
- Evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends
- Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognised and that the Front Office department operates with a sales attitude and promotes our Hilton Honors loyalty scheme
- Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Set departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
- Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
- Conduct monthly communication meetings and produce minutes
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Front Office team
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Assist with other departments, as necessary
Assistant Front of House Managers working with Hilton are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, skills, and values that follow:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Significant management experience in a full service hotel front office capacity
- High level of IT proficiency
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities
- Experience of managing people and developing people
- Previous experience of managing a department and Profit and Loss account
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day& their contributions are at the core of our success. We''''re committed to helping our teams ''''#removed#'''', to ensure we''''re our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...BODY - We build a strong foundation for health & well being:
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance & eye careMIND - We seek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership:
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programmeSPIRIT - We dare to dream & connect with purpose:
Team member room rates globally, F&B discounts & perks at work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!Contract - Permanent (39hrs per week)Salary - £21k per annum and our extensive Hilton perks & benefits programme #hiltonworkperks
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required prior to interview stage. See descriptionRole: Assistant Front of House Manager - Hilton Reading Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Reading, England, EnglandApply for this job now.