At Morgan & Morgan, the work we do matters. For millions of Americans, were the last line of defense against big companies that will trample anyone in their path to make a quick buck. From attorneys to client support staff to the marketing and web teams, every member of our firm has a key role to play in the fight for consumer rights.
Its a fight we are winning, having recovered more than $9 billion for hundreds of thousands of people.
Our over 3,000 employees are all united by one mission: For The People. Were not just another law firm. Theres only one Morgan & Morgan, and well say it again the work we do matters.
So, are you ready to join the fight?
We are seeking a qualifiedLitigation Assistantto join our New York Cityoffice. As a Legal Assistant, you will be responsible for managing the law firm's day-to-day operations, including carrying out administrative services and supporting the legal team. This position's ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic workplace.
- Perform administrative duties (scheduling calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics)
- Responsible for keeping attorneys apprised of all telephone calls
- Creating and maintaining personal injury new client case information.
- Send pertinent information regarding a personal injury case (initial client letter, letter to insurance company).
- Maintain client relations and communicate to clients case status.
- Compose responses to discovery for personal injury litigation.
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes.
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices.
- Implement and improve upon administrative processes for more efficient workflow.
- Preparing initial discovery to defendants.
- Drafting form pleadings (e.g., notice of depositions, mediations, trials).
- Preparing requests for copies
- Requesting cost checks
- Retaining court reporters, videographers for hearings and CMEs.
- Work with sensitive material, litigation assistants maintain confidentiality guidelines and do not disclose information about clients or cases
- Assisting with other tasks as requested by the attorney and paralegal.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 1+ years of working legal experience and/or bachelors degree in related field. preferred
- Experience in Personal Injury, WC, Premises, or other injury related practice areas. (preferred)
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, handle a fast-paced environment and manage workload with a great attitude and minimal supervision.
- Great written and communication skills, be proficient in calendar depositions, mediation, and hearings.
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules, and procedures, practices, etc.
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- Extensive computer and database expertise, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and type no less than 35 wpm.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Morgan & Morgan is a leading personal injury law firm dedicated to protecting the people, not the powerful. This success starts with our staff.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.