COMPANY: SWISSOTEL MERCHANT COURT
JOB TYPE: Permanent , Full Time
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissôtel Merchant Court, Singapore is a luxury hotel ideally located close to entertainment and dining hotspots such as Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Chinatown. The close proximity of the MRT to the hotel makes Orchard Road, Raffles City, all major tourist attractions and the financial hub at Raffles Place, within easy reach.The 476 guest rooms and suites serve the demand of all travelers and offer a choice of accommodation options. The Business Executive floors offer luxurious rooms and suites with upgraded amenities, including an Executive Club Lounge. Facilities include a choice of two restaurants, a bar, Pürovel Spa & Sport, a free-form swimming pool, 24-hour gym, a column-free ballroom and 4 function rooms.
We invite you to be part of the dynamic team as:
To assist the Director of Finance & Business Support (DOF)& in the general administration of the Finance Department
To open and stamp all incoming mail and direct them to the sections concerned
To screen all incoming telephone calls for the DOF
To keep and maintain appointments/meeting schedules for the DOF and the Finance Department
To take down minutes of finance meetings and prepare correspondences
To assist and maintain proper record of licenses/permits as well as contracts and other key hotel documents and ensure timely renewals
To compile month end reports in binders and other necessary reports
To sort and route outgoing documents for the relevant authorities to sign (eg. cheques, purchase orders, etc)
To keep and maintain a proper filing system & records for
Internal - the general files of the DOF and the Finance Department .
External - liase and coordinate the sending & retrieving of documents with the document storage company, Data Depot
To disseminate relevant information to all sections of the Finance Department.
To monitor the usage and upkeep of office equipment such as photocopier machine, fax machine, shredder, etc
To file and maintain proper records of all leave matters for the Finance Department
To replenish and maintain all office forms such as stationeries, etc
To provide support to any Finance sections when required by the DOF
To update Daily Cheque Listing
Credit Card Settlement and Receipts
- Ensure all Front Office folios and Food & Beverage Guest Checks credit card charges daily total agree with the EDC settlement report.
- Record individual batch settlement total into the credit summary
- Transfer credit card data from AR Credit Card to AR Account Maintenance
- Reconcile credit card receipts and apply payment in system
- To retrieve supporting documents as requested by the guest (credit card settlement)
- Retrieve and reply credit card bank enquires
- Prepare credit card late charge (eg. Minibar late charge)
- Refund credit card request for over-charged / wrongly charged
- Prepare monthly credit card commission accrual and reconcile credit card ledger balance
To perform any other duties assigned by the Director of Finance & Business Support or Assistant Financial Controller
Qualifications: We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 1 -2 years relevant experience in service/hospitality industry.
- Excellent, polite and persuasive communications skills.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
See descriptionRole: Accounts Officer cum Administrator Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Singapore, Apply for this job now.