Location - Borough of Kingston
Start Date - ASAP
Contract - Temp - 3-6 Months Ongoing (unless otherwise stated)
Your key responsibilities will be:
Experienced communication officers are required to support the delivery of communications to Kingston residents, businesses and communities. A key current priority focus of communications is to minimise the spread of COVID-19 across the borough, raising awareness and understanding of the key public health messages and encouraging behaviour change to limit the spread of the virus along with various day to day communication requirements to support the local authority do carry out it's many duties and responsibilities under increasing demand and reducing budgets.
The successful individual will work with the Communications and Engagement team to manage multi-media channels and deliver simple and effective communications to our diverse communities so they are informed, safe, and inspired to play their part in controlling the spread of the virus, supporting each other to live with and recover from the many impacts of a global pandemic.
- Communicates clearly, confidently and appropriately using the best tools and methods for the task;
- Proficient in managing and prioritising a demanding communications work load to tight timescales during crisis/emergency situations;
- Extensive PR/media experience; handling press enquiries, management of relationships with journalists, drafting releases and creating content to communicate council vision and objectives.
- Extensive social media experience and good understanding of using digital communications to encourage behaviour change;
- Experience of creating impactful written, visual and audio visual content for a range of audiences - residents, businesses, community groups.
- Build effective networks and relationships across council teams, contractors and partners, and with residents and communities to get the best communication outcomes.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and quickly find effective solutions to problems.
- Graphic design skills and experience of InDesign (desirable but not essential)
Location - work from home/remotely - some site visits may be required
Hours - full time preferable, hours/days negotiable
If you wish to apply for this role then please respond with your CV.