Part-Qualified Management Accountant based in Leek
Your new company
Your new company are a leader in their field based in Leek and are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team.
Your new role
Working alongside the Finance Controller, the Financial Accountant will assist in completion of the month-end close and produce timely Management Accounts for the Directors and Senior Managers, as well as fulfilling Group reporting requirements. The role will also be instrumental in the introduction and evaluation of internal controls, processes and risk management activities. Responsible for all Financial Accounting, this is a busy, 'hands-on' role, working with staff at all levels across several departments, so good communication skills are vital. Specific duties include:
- Ensure cash flow forecast is updated daily and manage cash with Finance Controller & Credit Controller.
- Generate accurate Sales Manager monthly commission reports and accruals.
- Maintain Fixed Asset register.
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT returns.
- Prepare and submit all Intrastat and other government statistical returns.
- Prepare month-end journal entries.
- Manage month-end close routines for all the financial ledgers.
- Prepare month end management accounts for Cottage Delight and Group.
- Produce full Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist Finance Controller in preparation of Statutory Accounts.
- Line Management responsibility for 2 Accounts Assistants.
- Various ad hoc duties and projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- You must be actively studying towards one of these qualifications: CIMA,ACCA, ACA, or Qualified in one of these.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX (preferable) or other similar ERP system.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Line management experience.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience. Standard pension sheme and 20 days holiday plus bank holidays rising after 2 years service. Study support will also be included to finish qualifications.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Role: Management Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leek, Staffordshire, Staffordshire
Apply for this job now.