We are currently accepting applications for an Assistant Property Manager in the Kansas City Metro, even though we do not have an open position to actively seek candidates at this time. We will keep your application on file to be reviewed for future openings.
Under the supervision of the Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting in all areas defined as a part of the Property Manager job description and be able to manage the community during the temporary absence of the Property Manager. Primary responsibilities include ensuring that the community generates a satisfactory cash flow and that the property is maintained in accordance with Price Brothers Management Company standards and assures customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepare month-end accounting reports and ensure compliance to Price Brothers Management Company's established policy and procedures.
- Receive and post rent payments on Property Management Software System.
- Process accounts payable for the property.
- Prepare notices for delinquent rent, late fees and evictions.
- Receive and post delinquent rent and late fee payments (FBSS).
- Responsible for enforcing bad debt collection in compliance with Price Brothers Management policies and procedures.
- Assist with all leasing activities which include telephone inquiries, showing apartments, processing lease applications, preparing lease renewals, etc.
- Assist with resident relations which includes completing resident work orders, resolution of problems/complaints on rent payments, etc.
- Assist Property Manager with scheduling of staff.
- Perform other job related duties as required.
Tasks Performed (not all inclusive)
- Handle meeting and greeting the public, answering the telephone, and demonstrating the model/community.
- Verify applications for residency, execute marketing and related forms and/or reports, making call-backs to potential residents, and drawing up leases for signatures.
- Receive notices to vacate and prepare the weekly report.
- Walking the grounds on a routine basis to ensure that curb appeal standards are being met.
- Prepare promotional items for the new residents (such as mailers).
- Deliver lease renewal letters, and inspecting supply inventories on a routine basis to ensure that the property has an adequate supply of marketing items.
- Post rent and prepare bank deposits.
- Write work orders and inspect apartments recently vacated to determine the disposition of the security deposits.
- Prepare routine maintenance reports.
- Order office supplies when needed.
- Train new employees as requested by the Property Manager.
- Prepare late rent letters, lease renewal letters, and assist the Property Manager with various managerial reports as requested.
- Assist in making off site marketing calls in order to gain exposure and encourage businesses to inform their employees of the property.
- Prepare and then analyze the market study and grid comparison and make recommendations.
- Shopping the competition when needed coupled with the experience to recognize when it is needed.
- Handle all of the business calls including the pre-planning and literature needed, pricing and policy recommendations, and handle special marketing projects when necessary.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
~ Demonstrate effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
~ Strong human relations and customer service skills, with the ability to maintain professional image.
~ Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws.
~ Computer proficiency including but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
~ Knowledge and practice of Price Brothers Management standard operating procedures.
~ Knowledge of sales techniques.
~ Strong math aptitude with attention to detail.
~ Ability to learn and retain knowledge of operating the Property Management Software System.
~ Good organizational skills.
~ Excellent management and problem solving skills.
~ Knowledge of property management operations.
~ Knowledge of landlord/tenant laws.
~ Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting.
~ Type 40-50 w.p.m.
~ Use a 10-key by touch.
- Education (level and type)
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum number of years: 2 years
In some or all of the following areas:
» Direct sales or leasing position in property management. 1 year
» Bookkeeping/general accounting position in property management using a computerized accounting system 1 year
- Certifications and/or Licenses
A valid driver license and any other licenses/certifications required by the state; otherwise, none.
- Continuing Education Courses
Only those required to maintain state certification or licensing; otherwise; none.
- Position may require a work schedule outside of standard hours, such as rotating work schedule or work schedule other than Monday through Friday.
- Position may require you to work at other property locations.
- Position will require the use of a personal vehicle.
- Must be willing to travel out of state.
- Position will require showing and preparing units outside of the office.
- On-site/Off-site Indoor-Outdoor environment.
- Exposure to all weather conditions, including extreme temperatures of below 32 degrees and above 100 degrees.
- Must be able to tolerate prolonged sitting, standing, kneeling and walking for up to several hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs several times a day.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 30 pounds consistently, with heavier weight necessary at times up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform frequent reaching and handling tasks.
- Must be able to perform repetitive key-stroking activity for up to several hours a day.
The above responsibilities, qualifications, and working conditions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Price Brothers Management Company reserves the right to change any or all of the contents of this job description at any time.