Company: MARICOPA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
TITLE: School Administrative Assistant/Attendance Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: Classified- Exempt
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
SUMMARY: The school registrar will provide accurate student attendance records and provide office and general clerical services to assist the School Headmaster and Office Manager.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Maricopa Institute of Technology.
- Serve as public relations liaison in answering school office telephones, taking messages, returning telephone calls and receiving visitors.
- Provide a positive district image for all visitors and personnel requesting information or services.
- Ensure that applications being submitted are complete and contain all required documentation. Refer to the verification checklist.
- Maintain and/or change the outgoing message for callers during holidays, breaks, etc.
- Check on and respond to voice messages daily.
- Provide clerical support for School and/District Office Personnel as needed.
- Assist Administrators with document reproduction.
- Sort and distribute USPS and inter-office mail daily in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Receptionist Referral Guide and provide updates to all switchboard coverage personnel as needed.
- Call and receive calls from parents regarding student attendance.
- Notify teachers and Health Aide/LPN of excused absences.
- Enter student absences into database and generate absence reports.
- Communicate with Headmaster and teacher regarding excessive absences and referrals.
- Record student tardiness.
- Provide students with passes to class or referrals to Headmaster regarding tardiness.
- Responsible for inputting and maintaining accurate data in Synergy - Student Management Information System.
- Receive guidance and direction from the Administrative Assistant for Technology regarding Student Management Information System data.
- Establish electronic student record including inputting registration, attendance records, withdrawals and transfers.
- Update student, class and school rosters.
- Complete and distribute registration and attendance reports to School Headmaster and district office.
- Forward student records and files to warehouse for storage. Purge as required by state retention schedules.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform any and all job related duties assigned by the School Headmaster and/or supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- A valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Three-years of related office experience with demonstrated ability for office practices, procedures, and duties relevant to the receptionist/attendance clerk position.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks, telephone communication and preparation of written correspondence including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish skills are helpful, but not necessary.
- Type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications, Synergy SMS, and Google Suite.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including copy machine, printer and fax.
- Ability to work with detail and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to set priorities and make decisions.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- The working environment is the normal school office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Twelve-month position, At-Will, hourly; benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
EEF is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status. sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Powered by JazzHR