Grand Rapids, MI
1 Year Contract with Possible Extension or Direct Hire Conversion
Competitive Rate Available
Inspired by over 100 years of insight, our client, the world’s largest international office furniture manufacturing company, leverages the power of place to offer a comprehensive portfolio of workplace, healthcare, and education products, furnishings and services to serve the world’s leading organizations. Founded in 1912, our client is the global leader in enhancing how people work, heal, and learn.
With minimal supervision, provides financial expertise/business consulting services and works on a wide variety of projects to assist the finance leader and functional leader meet overall profit/business plans:
· Includes financial reporting/analysis, planning, forecasting, systems/process development and/or improvement.
· Analyses often involve other functions and people.
· Applies technologies, principles, and practices of the discipline.
· Identifies issues and makes recommendations supported by analysis and sound business experience/skills.
· Interacts with management at all levels.
· May lead projects.
· Functions can include, marketing, sales, product development, manufacturing, corporate strategy, treasury, etc.
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
· MBA, CPA, CMA or other evidence of technical competence preferred.
· 2-4 years’ applicable experience.
· Consulting Skills - Interacts with customer as a business partner; identifies customer concerns and proposes solutions.
· Technical Skills - Proficient in SAP, MS Office and other software applications and computer tools.
· Project Management - Establishes priorities and deadlines, assesses resources and defines next step Financial Analysis - Analyzes situations, draws conclusions and makes decisions based on business/financial information.
· Technical Knowledge - Solid knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and for fairness and accuracy of reporting business/financial information.
· Manufacturing Accounting - Application of cost accounting knowledge and related importance in forecasting, income determination/cost effectiveness; product pricing; performance evaluation and decision making.
· Communication Skills: Expresses thoughts clearly and succinctly, orally and in writing; tailors communications for different audiences; listens well and effectively contributes to discussions; makes technical points understandable
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. We accelerate organizations' growth by intensely attracting, assessing, and placing specialized expertise in IT, Finance, Engineering, and Healthcare to precisely deliver in-demand talent for mission-critical positions, enhancing the competitiveness of the organizations and people we serve.
Role: Financial Analyst
Location: Grand Rapids,
Apply for this job now.