Public Health Programme Senior Officer (Adults)
We are currently working with an organisation who are in need an experienced Public Health Service Leads to join their multi-disciplinary Public Health Division on an interim basis for at least the next twelve months.
- Provide, maintain and disseminate Public Health intelligence, informing business decisions across the Council and NHS.
- Maintain awareness of relevant policy environment.
- Support for translation of policy to practice across wider Council and external partners
- Deliver response to Subject Access, Freedom of Information and other ad-hoc information requests.
- Support the delivery of performance and governance arrangements and the development and implementation of improvement programmes, in line with agreed priorities.
- Ensure that Council commissioning activity improves the health and environmental wellbeing of citizens in Birmingham.
- Provide support to the strategic and operational development of the Health and Wellbeing Board
- Support the delivery of the assurance of organisational resilience and emergency planning.
- Support the oversight of information governance and information management responsibilities across the wider Directorate and Council.
- Provide the Public Health response to license applications and planned developments to promote health and wellbeing
- Test and validate behavioural economics interventions through active engagement with citizens
Key Requirements for the roles:
- Local Government Public Health experience
- Experience of reducing inequalities at scale
- Experience of working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders in support of Public Health outcomes
Duration: 12 months contract initially with likely extensions
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience umbrella company (Inside IR35)
Fully Remote Working
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren't currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.