Seeking applications for the position of Assistant Director of Nursing for a full-time fixed term contract (September 2018 to July 2019) for a progressive mental health organisation in South Dublin. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Director of Nursing to lead and develop a team of Clinical Nurse Managers, Registered Nurses and Healthcare Assistants and to play an integral and active role in a committed Multidisciplinary Team towards making a significant contribution in psychiatric nurse management.
This is a Monday-Friday role.&
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:&
- Be a& Registered Psychiatric Nurse on the psychiatric division of the NMBI&
- Possess 7 years post registration nursing experience consisting of at least 3& & years’ experience working in adult mental health services
- Possess at least 3 years’ experience at Clinical Nurse Management 2 level
- A post registration QQI level 8 approved management qualification in health or a related field highly desirable
- Have established acute clinical and senior management experience in the areas of Mental Health and Care of the Older Person in Ireland.
- Have experience in a healthcare / hospital setting, including Acute Mental Health Care.
- Ideally have clinical experience of medical conditions and palliative care.
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability to deliver a high standard of clinical, managerial and administrative duties.
- Have extensive experience in managing staff, budgets and workforce planning.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the Mental Health Commission requirements, leadership and governance
- Be an energetic individual with solid clinical experience in working with a team of diverse clinicians and strong knowledge of the concepts and operation of Clinical Governance.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to lead, teach, manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of students and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
Further details upon application to Catherine Hoban on + [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...]