Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £70 - £85 per day
SEN PMLD Teaching Assistant
Children with PMLD and communication needs needs can require a real specialist- is that you?
Do you have experience of supporting pupils with SEN requirements, additional needs, or disabilities? Are you confident in working with children with autism ASD, cerebral palsy, PMLD, SpLD, or other SEN barriers? Have you ever had experience with PECS, Makaton, BSL, or any communication method?
Working across all classes in the school, no two days will be the same. The children are from EYFS, through Key Stage 1, 2, 3, and 4 and have a wide range of needs. You will be working with all classes throughout your week, and so will have a varied and busy timetable of supporting pupils with additional needs to engage with their programme of learning.
- A Qualified Teaching Assistant with experience of children with a disability or SEN
- Experienced working in school environments
- Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills
- Promote happiness, self-reliance and encourage positive interactions
- Academics are an established and respected education recruiter
- Generous rates of pay
- A dedicated SEN Consultant
- A large number of schools exclusive to Academics
- Honest and friendly service
- Access to our 'Refer a Friend' scheme
Our staff say…
- 'I had never registered with an agency before and Academics have been wonderful!'
- 'A warm, friendly, but professional service'
- 'I have worked for several teaching agencies in the past, but this is the first time that I have felt like 'more than just a number'
Could this be the role for you? Send your CV over, or give me a call!
Is this role not what you're looking for? We are constantly in need of talented education staff to fill a wide variety of positions. Please get in touch and we're happy to discuss our opportunities with you!