Company: PLATFORM RESOURCING LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £27500 - £28000 per annum + + Holidays + Pension + Bonus
We are currently working in partnership with a Manufacturing Business based in Cardiff who are looking to employ a permanent Production Planner to support the Production team to coordinate the planning of all production orders, managing customer requirements and monitoring lead-times to ensure products are manufactured on time and within agreed deadlines.
The successful Production Planner will have the ability and experience of working within a planning role, having worked in a similar working environment i.e. Manufacturing or Engineering planning.
Production Planner Benefits
- Salary of £27,000 depending on experience
- Yearly bonus up to 10% of annual salary (£2700 for this role)
- Hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm but can be flexible (e.g. 8am to 4pm, 8.30am to 4.30pm)
- 24 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays with Christmas shutdown
- Death in Service scheme
- Pension, 4% employee + 5% employer
- Company Events
- Long Service Awards, award given from 5 years on in 5 year increments
- Brand New State of the Art Offices and Free Parking
Production Planner Duties and Responsibilities
- To coordinate the planning of all Production orders, managing customers requirements, and monitoring lead-times.
- To plan all customer orders to meet the RDD in line with manufacturing capacity and stock availability.
- Orders to be planned to maximise efficiency's.
- Liaise with the Manufacturing department to agree on working hours and capacity levels by work centre.
- Liaise with procurement department to coordinate stock availability to meet customer RDD's.
- Set appropriate lead times and liaise with Sales departments.
- Communicate any delays to Sales/Customer Services.
- Release jobs for manufacture by allocating material and printing job cards for each work centre.
Production Planner Essential Experience/Qualifications
- You MUST have experience within a similar production planning position having worked in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Ability to plan lead times through liaison with various internal departments.
- Experience of coordinating stock accordingly in line with production.
- Experience of daily production reviews.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- A positive work ethic.
- Able to use own initiative.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties' interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited's commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency