FastSpring is the global digital commerce platform for Software and SaaS companies. Our platform powers over 10 million transactions per year enabling more than 3,000 companies to sell in all major currencies in over 200 countries. We are an Inc. 5000 company, with several awards. Backed by AKKR, we are already profitable and have a great culture with remote staff globally and offices in Santa Barbara, Amsterdam, and Halifax.
We are committed to building an inclusive work environment and we invest in our employees by helping team members grow and develop professionally. We are developers, technologists, and business professionals who are globally-minded, customer-focused, and driven to innovate.
The Director of Demand Generation will have a track record of success working for organizations that have a reputation for outstanding performance. This individual will be someone who has consistently overachieved in high Demand Generation environments and has actively contributed to building high-performance marketing organizations. It will be critical that this individual has been a part of scaling a rapidly growing ecommerce business by developing and executing B2C/B2B marketing campaigns. The role will require an individual to establish results and performance-based culture while infusing an appropriate level of process and prioritization.
This person should also have a track record of recruiting and building a high performing marketing team. In addition to hiring, training, motivating, and leading the demand gen organization, the Director of Demand Generation will be a professional "relationship developer", with a track record of developing and driving high-quality customer relationships. The role will also require a business-oriented director who recognizes changing market dynamics and will contribute to FastSpring's overall strategy in a collaborative way.
- Develop an efficient inbound marketing model that effectively drives leads for the sales team and assists the business in acquiring new logos.
- Develop a broad understanding of the market landscape and identify key areas of competitive difference and disruptive opportunities.
- Oversee the shaping, hiring, and development for the demand gen organization.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing database program to ensure target market coverage.
- Effectively work with Product Marketing to communicate product positioning, messaging, and awareness while maintaining a deep understanding of the underlying technology.
- Proven leader and motivator. Entrepreneurial, unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done, and "lead from the front”.
- Ability to hire, train, deploy, and manage talented marketing professionals.
- At least 7 years of marketing experience in the SaaS/Cloud industry, with 2+ years at the Director level or higher.
- Experience building a scalable and repeatable demand generation model and process.
- Past delivery of an iterative approach to refining and building an analytically driven organization.
- The successful candidate must bring intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team. Certain characteristics will be vital:
- An extremely smart and dynamic individual with outstanding communication skills and a balanced ego.
- Team-oriented: Focused on what's right for the business, not what's right for the individual or function; ability to build deep relationships and earn the respect of other teams.
- Execution oriented: Has a prioritized list of Marketing goals and milestones, and his/her job is to make sure those goals and milestones are achieved.
- Process-oriented: Well-organized, resourceful, can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Creates strong morale: A good spirit in his/her team and brings fun to the workplace; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue.
About the Company
FastSpring is the trusted ecommerce partner for companies that sell software around the world. With FastSpring's full-service ecommerce solution, you can sell more, compete big, and stay lean. Founded in 2005, FastSpring is a privately owned company Directorquartered in Santa Barbara with offices in Nebraska, Amsterdam, and Halifax. For more information, please visit https://#removed#
FastSpring is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with FastSpring without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Powered by JazzHR